Search the forum,

Discuss Budget Solar 4KW system for £8000 fitted in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Maybe Bolton man is booked up well beyond that.

I do know that we are booked solid and fitting at least five jobs a week ourselves and subbing out work and still not getting rich while getting more for a 2.5kw system but if he's happy, good luck to him.

Morgan
I have no idea how good or bad the 67p watt modules are having only seen the data sheet and photo's that could be of any pv factory in China. they might be good on the other hand they might be .................

One of the esteemed members of this forum has modules on one of his sites that are on offer below 70p watt. Now if he were to tell everyone how good they were ;-)

Hi it is my understanding the panels had to be made to a standard to have mcs certification and as dansk has suggested on the first page they are not that cheep and just one more thing in there favor budget solar came to quote when they said and on time and turned up on the day we had aranged to fit all in all i had no probs with them
Jack

I follow this as both a potential customer and someone who has been in the electronics industry for over 30 years. In my opinion we are following the inexorable price decline already seen in most electronics related industries as silicon costs fall and volumes go up (although with a highish material content in solar the analogy is not perfect). There will be severe oversupply on the world market next year, driven by China which, like Japan and Korea before them, has tended to pile in at full throttle and so will drive prices through the floor. Witness TVs where the average price of a decent family TV has always been around £300 for the past 40 years! The article here may help - More bad news for solar: Oversupply havoc It would be nice to see those Sanyo panel prices fall as well ;) John Dawson

Have to say I wouldnt do it for £8K either, and I would also love to see the Sanyos come down even more. (Been getting better!)

Schill i had to look that one up :- "An accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others"

Cards on the table
S_01-516742918.gif
i'm looking into a 4kw system originally home sun popped around, make me start to think what's in it for them, read up on the FITs and thought i would have some of that cash myself, now I've had a few quotes, ranging from 16K to 8.5K all around the 4Kw mark. my 3 main runners are all sub 10K for 16x 250W.
my thoughts are that in 10years time technology would have moved on massively replacing panels would be much cheaper and more than likely a higher output per surface area. and as for inverters there moving at a faster rate. my roof is south facing no shading (so no need for anything fancy)
Budget solar's quote comes in £1400 cheaper than my lowest which had 17x235w Trina panels, the way i see it is that i could keep the £1400 for/if some thing went wrong. it dose appear to be a no brainer. or am i missing some thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Really?!! So in 10 years time you'll upgrade your array - from a 4 kw to an 8kw due to better technology.

Don't you think the FiT may not be too keen on that idea? From my perspective your barking up the wrong tree on so many different levels. (Again IMO)

i mean that in 10years time IF i needed to replace a panel, a 250W panel could be a cheap as chips, my piont is why pay the extra now, it's better to get the signed up with the 43.3p band fit before it goes down, component parts of the system will come down also, paying a lower cost for the install would give a quick pay back. IMO

Which trees am i barking up, please tell

Just in case there are any naive potential customers of Budget Solar reading this thread. It is blindingly obvious that this thread is being spammed by at least 3 new members (possibly all the same person) who think they are being clever by using this forum for free publicity.

Bad news guys - spamming doesn't work. There's a reasonable chance that anyone considering using you will do a search on google and find this thread and realise what you have been doing and very quickly look for somebody else.

The nuts and bolts of it is this, PV is not the same as a new bathroom or kitchen, you are buying a financial product of 25years duration. You have to have confidence that it will work for 25 years. Would you put that much money into 'Budget Bank'?

If you want a system that is designed, installed and warrantied by qualified professionals you'll have to pay more than £8K. If not, good luck to you.

i mean that in 10years time IF i needed to replace a panel, a 250W panel could be a cheap as chips, my piont is why pay the extra now, it's better to get the signed up with the 43.3p band fit before it goes down, component parts of the system will come down also, paying a lower cost for the install would give a quick pay back. IMO

Which trees am i barking up, please tell

Replacing a solar module after 10 years will be difficult, the panel will probably be out of manufacture and any remaining stocks long sold. You'd have to replace with a generic panel that is probably obsolete and cheap copy of the orginal.
Who knows what will be rolling off the manufacturing lines in 10 years time, but you'll not be able to plug and play modern kit with older installs.

Our firm along with most members fit kit to last 30 years - without the need for routine maintenance or swapping out components. You could save some money on a cheap install but you run the risk of paying out in the future for new parts and lots of maintenace.

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

Buyer beware

I wouldnt touch a 4Kw £8000 system. You pay for what you get with solar pannels. I would like to see what a system like that produced compeard to the house next door with the same sized system with a Sanyo array and a SMA inverter. My guess is far LESS.

Ho! I've just rememberd that if you have a pannel pack up in 10 years you cannot just replace that one pannel! Over the years the modual preformance will drop so if it has droped to say 90% ther will be an imballance on the string if you just put one new pannel in at 100%. You would have to replace the whole array. would you be able to do that for the money you saved????

Ho! I've just rememberd that if you have a pannel pack up in 10 years you cannot just replace that one pannel! Over the years the modual preformance will drop so if it has droped to say 90% ther will be an imballance on the string if you just put one new pannel in at 100%. You would have to replace the whole array. would you be able to do that for the money you saved????

So if Sanyo bring out 10yrs garentee tomorrow and 1 panel goes down of your 18, they'll replace the whole lot, i doubt any company will honour that?.

They will have to! All MCS pannels have to have a 25year preformance garntee that say that they will not drop below 80% efficiancy. if one stops working then the system stops producing. There for it has droped below 80% efficiancy. Its in black and white.

Reply to Budget Solar 4KW system for £8000 fitted in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock