Discuss Can somebody help me out please . . . in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fikzer

Hi All,

I have spent a lot of time studying what folks are posting regarding the difficulty of finding work and moreover the qualifications needed today to even get an interview.

My problem is that I qualified in 1990, I have 2381, AM1 and AM 2, NVQ 3 (taken in 1989 !!) . . . have recently taken the ECS electrical test and am due to finish my 17th edition in December.I have been a maintenance manager for last five years in the Leisure industry and have recently been made redundant, so have effectively been "thrown to the wolves" for want of a better expression .

Could I possibly ask some folks to take a couple of mins to recommend what I need to update / acquire as regards a current set of quals. / gradings to even stand a chance of getting an interview to work as a spark again.

Kind of getting desperate with xmas on the way.

Many thanks in lieu of all help given.

soundls like you already have all the quals you need all I can see thats missing is 2391 which although is a well sought after qual not necc needed.

Most employers tend to ask for 17th or jib (jib sites only )

If you are looking self employed route you will need to register with a scheme nic napit etc etc...

I am not sure here so don,t quote me, but after getting qualified don,t you have to have had 12mths experience as minimum before you can go for napit or the like, not to sure myself.

assumed since he qualified in 1990 he would have some experience, that said however as long as you can pay your money and pass initial inspection the schemes are more than happy to take you on

He doesn,t finish his 17th till dec mate, and thats when i think the 12mths would start from to apply, but please enlighten me if its right or wrong.

You can join most schemes without 17th poviding you get it in your first year of membership and every man and his dog are now doing one week part prat courses and joining schemes.

Reply to Can somebody help me out please . . . in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net