Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Change!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hello there, just seeking some advice and guidance, i am currently a house basher got all relevant qualification but i am considering going to high voltage to do something like installing electrical meters. Does anyone here know where i could get this information from? or what qualification or training will i need to do this? thank you in advance

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
High voltage !!! They don't change meters! This is dangerous stuff, the training alone cost a few grand and you need years of experience till you are allowed to do high voltage stuff. Not to mention how much you have to splash out for the kit.

K

Knobhead

HV and meter fitting are worlds apart.

Looking at your past posts you don’t seem to know what you want to do.
What is wrong with gaining more experience in what you’re doing now? At 18 years old there will be very little experience gained so far.

I've often thought of a change guys. Reckon they'd let me operate that Hadron Collider thingy in Switzerland? I've got O level physics and all me sparkys exams

S

Silly Sausage

I've occasionally thought about having the change, but the surgery puts me off.
Sometimes it's best to stick with what you know or are familiar with.

ruston

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
I've often thought of a change guys. Reckon they'd let me operate that Hadron Collider thingy in Switzerland? I've got O level physics and all me sparkys exams
Nae chance man , look what yee did ti the swing bridge.:wink:

J

jimmymac

Am i still on the the electriciansforum??? why's everyone speaking a foreign language?

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
it's well past beer o'clock. that's why.

J

jimmymac

No clothing above the waist allowed

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jimmymac

hello there, just seeking some advice and guidance, i am currently a house basher got all relevant qualification but i am considering going to high voltage to do something like installing electrical meters. Does anyone here know where i could get this information from? or what qualification or training will i need to do this? thank you in advance
Back to topic, my brother fits meters, he's a gas fitter. He did a full apprentiship to fit gas meters, he did a 6 day course to fit electricity meters

Reply to Change!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom