Discuss Change!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khan

Regular EF Member
hello there, just seeking some advice and guidance, i am currently a house basher got all relevant qualification but i am considering going to high voltage to do something like installing electrical meters. Does anyone here know where i could get this information from? or what qualification or training will i need to do this? thank you in advance

stef

Regular EF Member
High voltage !!! They don't change meters! This is dangerous stuff, the training alone cost a few grand and you need years of experience till you are allowed to do high voltage stuff. Not to mention how much you have to splash out for the kit.

K

Knobhead

HV and meter fitting are worlds apart.

Looking at your past posts you don’t seem to know what you want to do.
What is wrong with gaining more experience in what you’re doing now? At 18 years old there will be very little experience gained so far.

Archy Styrigg

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I've occasionally thought about having the change, but the surgery puts me off.
Sometimes it's best to stick with what you know or are familiar with.

ruston

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I've often thought of a change guys. Reckon they'd let me operate that Hadron Collider thingy in Switzerland? I've got O level physics and all me sparkys exams
Nae chance man , look what yee did ti the swing bridge.:wink:

jimmymac

Regular EF Member
hello there, just seeking some advice and guidance, i am currently a house basher got all relevant qualification but i am considering going to high voltage to do something like installing electrical meters. Does anyone here know where i could get this information from? or what qualification or training will i need to do this? thank you in advance
Back to topic, my brother fits meters, he's a gas fitter. He did a full apprentiship to fit gas meters, he did a 6 day course to fit electricity meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 99 72.3%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.7%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.