Discuss Condensing extractor fan in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

That's a question I've wondered about. Heated PIV is intended to eliminate moisture, so it may be that they work fine with it. If they turned out to be an issue, then local isolation would simply be switched off.

My French is basic, but it appears to me that the system you linked is multi room extraction with humidistats, which does the same job as the fans I have - albeit from a central extraction unit.
Introducing Hot air that holds more moisture?

The OP's original question was for a condensing extract, although I don't think a condensing extract is available the nearest you can get is an extractor or system with a Humidistat control, condensation collected can be piped to any convenient drain even back into the toilet cistern at a push.

To translate the site I linked Google settings has a translation app built in go too settings and tick the "always translate French" tab.

Introducing Hot air that holds more moisture?

The OP's original question was for a condensing extract, although I don't think a condensing extract is available the nearest you can get is an extractor or system with a Humidistat control, condensation collected can be piped to any convenient drain even back into the toilet cistern at a push.

To translate the site I linked Google settings has a translation app built in go too settings and tick the "always translate French" tab.

PIV doesn't introduce hot air. 'Heated' units simply take the chill off air being introduced from outside during periods of cold weather. You could learn this by reading from the link previously posted by another member.

Original issue posted by OP can be easily resolved as per the council's suggestion of venting an extractor through the roof. I don't envisage the council in question being willing to pay for multi-room extraction, in order to provide bathroom extraction.

Reading the linked page in English is not possible as Leroy Merlin want to block me for some reason. Firefox is exceptionally easy to set up automatic translation on, but in order to do so one needs to be able to access the page in question. From what I can ascertain your link contains two versions of this product: The first a simple multi-room extraction system, which vents externally and doesn't collect condensate and the second appears to be a heat recovery system, which I think was suggested early in the thread and would be much cheaper to install as a stand alone unit for bathroom only as opposed to full house. The downside of the systems you have linked is the requirement for one or more points of external ventilation, which brings us back to the OP's original issue - not wanting to go through the roof. Unless I've missed something, none of these systems can be installed without external ventilation.

Very basic Physics, heated air holds more moisture, no matter where it comes from or how it is introduced.

The condescending remark in your post above is below the standard I expect from you.

Last edited:
Very basic Physics, heated air holds more moisture, no matter where it comes from or how it is introduced.

The condescending remark in your post above is below the standard I expect from you.

You've lost me, Mike. Nowhere in my last post is the word 'condensing' even used, but we're no longer addressing the OP's question, so I'll bow out of this and not ask for further explanation.

I have installed a few PIV systems. They are more whole house solutions than single room solutions and they are suprisingly effective. Both nu-aire and vent-axia, to me the only difference appears to be price.

I have only put in one whole house heat recovery and ventilation system, it gives the occupants dry throats and because they have ufh they don't even have a radiator or heater that they can put a bowl of water on to add a bit of humidity!

Going back to the original question, there is something that does the job, a dehumidifier. However people will have views about placing one in a bathroom

Reply to Condensing extractor fan in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net