Discuss Cordless drills in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

just bought a makita 24 sds drill with 2 x 3.3ah batteries. very clean and good condition, looks unused. cost £230 off magic ebay, yet to receive it, might be an empty box. What you think of the price ???

DeWalt DW005K2 SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Drill 24V - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

This is a better buy if am honest :eek::)

Ste

I disagree Steve. It only comes with 2 2.0 Ah batteries when the Makita has 3 x 3.3 Ah. Dewalt ain't what it was and I will never buy Dewalt again - Makita & Bosch for me. I got a brand new 110V Dewalt SDS in the case and won't use it cos it is crap. My boss got it for me but I would rather use my kit as it's better!

He says it only come with 2 batts and if its the makita sds 24v (bhr200saj) which is the one i have and the only 24v sds makita available as far as i know , one of the batts is a 2.0ah while the other is a 3.3ah , add all this to the fact that he paid +£230 secondhand with no warranty , id take the dewalt @ £250 new with warranty every time .
i now have both as i bought the dewalt as a back up to my makita and performance wise there's nothing in it , i agree with what your saying in general though , makita does seem to be better quality , especially the new li-ion range:)

Makita BHR 200SAJ 24V SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Drill - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

Ste

Last edited by a moderator:
He says it only come with 2 batts and if its the makita sds 24v (bhr200saj) which is the one i have and the only 24v sds makita available as far as i know , one of the batts is a 2.0ah while the other is a 3.3ah , add all this to the fact that he paid +£230 secondhand with no warranty , id take the dewalt @ £250 new with warranty every time .
i now have both as i bought the dewalt as a back up to my makita and performance wise there's nothing in it , i agree with what your saying in general though , makita does seem to be better quality , especially the new li-ion range:)

Makita BHR 200SAJ 24V SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Drill - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

Ste

sorry steve, but it does have 2 x 3.3ah batterys, and its in look like condition, like I sed before I burnt it out the other month on loads of joists. But when I took it in for repair and they opened it up, they found nothing wrong with it.

I think for £230 its a good price for a makita

obviously ebay is risky, but i took the risk and its great

regards luke

Hi I bought the Bosch 36v SDS and have had a load of trouble with it. Sent it back to Bosch twice and they tell me that there's nothing wrong with it. My old dewalt 24v is much better, with the exception of the clutch not being as good!!

sorry steve, but it does have 2 x 3.3ah batterys, and its in look like condition, like I sed before I burnt it out the other month on loads of joists. But when I took it in for repair and they opened it up, they found nothing wrong with it.

I think for £230 its a good price for a makita

obviously ebay is risky, but i took the risk and its great

regards luke

Yes your right :eek::D, they now supply my drill with the option of 2 x 3.3 batts
see link
BHR200SJE Makita 24v SDS-Plus Hammer Drill Makita BHR200SJE Cordless SDS-Plus Hammer Drill & Rotary Drill supplied with 2 x 3.3Ah NiMH Batteries fitted with SDS-Plus Chuck complete with 5mtr Professional Tape £256.59

Still think the dewalt @ £250 new with guarantee is better value :D:D:)

All said and done the makita is a top peice of kit , enjoy

Ste

Last edited by a moderator:
ive got the dewalt 18v gear and its all a pile of crap. the battery i charge night before go to them the next morning and they are flat:mad: everytime. i now use my 24 bosch but my best buy to date was my 24v makita now that is a right piece of kit and also the bosch 14.4v impact driver:cool: i dont know how i managed without it.

im thinking about getting rid of the dewalt gear and getting one of those 7 piece makita li ion kits of ebay. but for those i would need to charge on the 110v tranny as its all american.

Reply to Cordless drills in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock