Discuss Cordless drills in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i think its gotta be the dewalt cordless drills or mikitta. i was thinking of getting the new makitta drill. It has a lithium ion battery so it holds its charge for longer and gets to fully charged in half an hour from flat?! NICE!

Hi

I have just bought a new DeWALT 18v DC925KBV, with three batteries. You can get it online for £250. I know it uses Nickel batteries apposed to Lithium ones so it won't last as long. But I have some other DeWALT 18v stuff so means I have more batteries.

I think its a great piece of kit, and would definetly recommend it. Has Hammer, 3 speeds, and comes in a nice box :).

Hope this helps.

Many Thanks

Leo

I have just sold my DeWalt gear as I think it is overrated and heavy/awkward (and I am a17 stone weight trainer so no jokes about being a wimp!). Just bought Makita gear which is good so far but I have a soft spot for Bosch.

I bought a Makita 14.4 volt impact driver and 14.4 volt drill driver with case, 3 batteries and charger for £130. I want to get the lithium ion 18v range in time but will have to save the pennies. However, having used the impact driver for a few weeks now I don't know how I managed before without one!

I find my bosch 24V absolutely superb for masonary however v.poor drilling joists etc (burnt it out 3 times then Bosch replaced)
My Makita 18V is the exact opposite so with the 2 I cover every base

just bought a makita 24 sds drill with 2 x 3.3ah batteries. very clean and good condition, looks unused. cost £230 off magic ebay, yet to receive it, might be an empty box. What you think of the price ???

neh its not new, plus I burnt it out yesterday, I didnt have 110v drill on me at the time and I wanted to get the job done, drilled toomany joists. wat an idiot, its in repair at the moment,

14,18 or 24v guys?

Was looking at a Ryobi on screwflix..com with a jigsaw for £99.

Also heard Bosch (or B&D) is the same firm as DeWALT?

Would appreciate your comments as asany of you who know me, this is like my 10th day on the job so not clued up as to what's regarded and what isn't tool-wise.

Also bought various drivers, pliers, files brand Wera.

Feedback p-lease chaps

Last edited by a moderator:
I would stay away from Ryobi Bane. IMO it is ok for a low-budget brand but you will need tools rigorous to cope with hard work. I have just sold my Dewalt kit as I don't think it is quite what it was a few years ago. Now, I only buy Bosch and Makita. I use a Bosch SDS 24v Drill and Makita impact drill/driver, Makita 14.4v & 18V drills. I also use Bosch Multi - drill (110v) for real heavy duty drilling / chasing / breaking.
Remember - as is with everything, you gets what ya pays for.

BTW - Wera seems ok. I buy Knipex, CK and only use Irazola screwdrivers as they are widely regarded as the best on the market. That said, I have tried Wera and like them so may look at them when it comes time to replace my faithful Irazolas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers cirrus (sound advice as always mate). My Boss said the same in regards to quality and price (get what you paid for) but, to be honest Makita seems so expensive!!!

But what can I do? Those are the prices!!!

Figure this, up until I started work I was unemployed (2 months). Ok, just came back form abroad and I do have some capital behind me so can afford to buy certain tools but what of ppl with no capital? How the hell are you supposed to get on without tools and what not? I guess I'm lucky in the sense my Boss says he'll buy what I want then just take it out of my wages weekly.

Moan, moan, moan, waffle, waffle, waffle....

To be honest Bane, most companies will let you buy things at the local wholesaler on their account and take it out of your wages each week. One of my previous bosses used to do this and rather than being nice and knocking the VAT off as he was reclaiming it, he used to charge you VAT as his way of making money on the deal! Cheeky sod.
If I were you - only buy the best because it will pay you back many times over. It isn't cheap to get set up but buying a bit at a time it soon adds up. I probably have around £3000 worth of tools now but have bought these over 3 years a bit at a time.

Makita Lithium-Ion Combi Drill BHP440SFE 14.4V - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

What you think of that one cirrus?

Bit expensive for me and not sure if it's what I need. Anything you could recommend would help mate and where to look/go too if possible.

B&Q those types of places any good?
(Probably last post tonight)

yeah it's not bad but I would stay with the 18v Makita / Bosch kit as it is man enough to give you the options you need. I don't buy from screwfix either as wholesalers generally give you a better deal once you become friendly with them.

Bosch 36v Lithium - expensive, but as usual you get what you pay for.
Bosch, however, offer a 3 year warranty on their range of 36v Lithium cordless units.
I've got 4 items (£900), but I can tell you, they knock spots off anything else out there !

Reply to Cordless drills in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock