Discuss Definitions in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

buttonmoon

Hi guys

I am just about to rewrite my CV to apply for a job and there are a couple of things Im not sure about on the job description perhaps some of you can explain them.
On the required qualities section it has "Good knowledge of first line response to reactive calls", "monitoring plant status" and "Awareness of plant specific checks following power interruption" can anyone tell me what these mean? or any guides, PDFs, etc. to get me up to speed?
Cheers :thinking:

Hi guys

I am just about to rewrite my CV to apply for a job and there are a couple of things Im not sure about on the job description perhaps some of you can explain them.
On the required qualities section it has "Good knowledge of first line response to reactive calls",getting off your arse and dealing with a problem "monitoring plant status"making sure everything is running smoothlyand "Awareness of plant specific checks following power interruption" make sure it's safe to restart. agengy workers might be sleeping on conveyor belts.can anyone tell me what these mean? or any guides, PDFs, etc. to get me up to speed?
Cheers :thinking:

my ideas in red.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you are asking these questions do you think you are qualified for the job, what will happen if you get asked for an interview and similar questions are asked you don't want tol look a complete fool?

Actually, having the balls to go up for something when you risk looking a fool is a good way to learn. Employers always ask for an unrealistic list of qualifications and abilities, so don't be afraid to go for something for which you fear you're underqualified - you might actually be exactly what they're looking for. And when you get into the interview, if they do throw jargon like that your way, respond that you're not familiar with the term but you might know it by a different name.

PJ

I just wrote a long answer justifying myself in response to your comment Ian. I can't be bothered to write it again probably for the best.

then i'll do it for you.
dont be such a patronising prat mr. settle.

I was not being patronising as I have interviewed people for the position of electrician and when I have asked them basic electrical questions they have not been able to answer the questions.

If anyone is patronising it is you biff as with some of the sarcastic answers you have given on here it is like the saying about the kettle calling the pot black

Ian, I think your original comment was slightly negative. You're just putting the guy off.
Fair point about possibly appearing foolish, but if you don't try you'll get nowhere.
You fail an interview, drown your sorrows down the pub and move on.

whatever my faults , at least you dont see me trying to put someone off from applying for a job they may well be capable of doing because of a load of corporate waffle in the job description.
and worrying about looking like a fool in an interview isnt exact solid career advice i'd be passing on.

"corporate waffle" i like that term. it's the business exec's term for bullpoo.

Reply to Definitions in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net