Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Does that boiler really have the main supply terminals that close to the edge of the enclosure?! What a terrible design.
Given the mahoosive amount of empty space inside it makes absolutely no sense but yes they are.

TBH with all the things wrong with the install of the boiler and all the issues with the existing install I didn't even notice that. :)

9EDAAD9B-B0F6-4850-B387-7CE8E419C4FA.jpeg

Nice garage DB found on an EICR today, supplying lights, sockets and a heater. No RCD protection, armour not glanded correctly, no earth fly lead at either end; and just look at the choice of OCPD.

DIY Dave strikes again…

What's the story behind the B63 lying on the top of the CU?

I don’t know, but I did say to the client that at least the installer (previous owner) stopped short of utilising the B63 for the lights…

My sarcasm may have been wasted on him. 😂

He’s lived there 10 years and said nothings ever tripped in the garage, so it must be good. 😂

I don’t know, but I did say to the client that at least the installer (previous owner) stopped short of utilising the B63 for the lights…

He’s lived there 10 years and said nothings ever tripped in the garage, so it must be good. 😂
...10 years.

Looks like a more modern metal consumer unit...Are you sure it wasn't the current owner that was maybe the installer😆
Those MCB's don't look like they would be what was intended for that consumer unit? At least, I've never come across a contactum unit that they would have been made for, it's always been the plastic variety

...10 years.

Looks like a more modern metal consumer unit...Are you sure it wasn't the current owner that was maybe the installer😆
Those MCB's don't look like they would be what was intended for that consumer unit? At least, I've never come across a contactum unit that they would have been made for, it's always been the plastic variety
Whether it was, or wasn’t, he ain’t admitting to it😂

You’re right about those MCB’s too, I’ve got loads and they’re all from old plastic boards that I’ve ripped out recently.

I have a box load of solid copper links, never had one trip wherever i have installed them!!
All must be good there too!!

I wonder if anyone can spot the problem with this solar setup…….. 🤔🤦🏼‍♂️

View attachment 99826

View attachment 99827

What’s even worse is the owner has been going full pelt with the solar since it was installed. 😂😂

There is no way this has been done by a qualified person. Not a chance in hell.
He may as well disconnect his solar system and replace it with another DB for a better rate 😲

Last edited:

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock