Discuss Easy like a sunday morning in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So Guys, what does today hold for you all ,and Sunday's in general.
For me it is a case of up at 6am ,7 days a week so just can't lay in, out with my pooch on the fields for about 2 hrs., back home full English with coffee, quick look on the forum, wash van, if I'm lucky up to the local shooting range for an hour, back home maybe a couple of beers in front of TV ( don't get to have a drink very often these days ) Sunday night sort diary for coming week and work clothes. in bed for about 10.30.
As you can see I really do live a rock n roll lifestyle.
So what about you lot......:shades_smile:

Sounds like a great Sunday morning up until the washing the van part.

Mine has involved having a lie in whilst pestering the missus for a bit of the other, getting rejected, going to the shops for milk, then cup of tea and telly. Pretty dull really as we have nothing planned.
Usually Sunday is family time though. Took the kids to the aquarium and out for a pub Sunday roast last week.

should of been a day off today, got to go and fit alarm pir, skirting boards, change a mcb, fix the nephews car, now the wife is going on at me she wants me to go and get her a paint brush so she can do the glossing in the bathroom

Sounds like a nice day Andy apart from the rejection from the wife :prrr::prrr: just help yourself while she's asleep it works for me

should of been a day off today, got to go and fit alarm pir, skirting boards, change a mcb, fix the nephews car, now the wife is going on at me she wants me to go and get her a paint brush so she can do the glossing in the bathroom
Doesn't sound like a fun day mate

Working from 1pm!!! Got to go out and do a quote for exterior lighting for a place of worship. Cant wait to tell them the price alone for a boom arm cherry picker for 2 days lol.

Then I'm of to hook up a shop sign with an integrated digital clock whilst the place is closed and the path is clear of pedestrians that wont duck under my barrier tape and walk into the ladders. I tried to do this on Friday but the Joe public are stupid! They can see the path is tapped off, 2 men in Hi viz, signs hung up and me at the top of a ladder and they still want to walk into the area we are working!!!! Gave it up as a bad job (well timing) and doing it today.

Think it will be a few beers down the pub and a curry takeaway afterwards. Hope you all have a better day then me. At least its not raining.

Dont care Tel, this has to be done asap. I dont have any other spare time to fit this one in. Gortex jacket in the van and a carrier bag over the SDS drill and Mother Nature can throw what she likes at me lol.
Even though working Sunday is rough Paul at least you are busy enough to have to allocate god's day to earning some money, fair play to you

I'm off to pick up a side door for the "to be built" garage (cost of collection plus some paint as the paint is worn....freegle :) )

Had plans to make a start on building it yesterday but it tipped down, so when the phone went about a quote to wire up an electric shower, thought stuff it and went and did the quote....christ on a crumpet....rough plumber to put it mildly....decided against chasing the wall to run a pipe and instead takes the water supply from the cistern feed, up the outside edge of the bath and across the top of the bath and up into the shower....hmmm not going to flood the bathroom there at all.....his excuse "can't get down the back to run the pipework, not enough space in the void" (theres a hollow void running up the wall, probably had a shower or something installed in the past possibly...who knows) ...talking twaddle....total and utter twaddle.
Not to mention the house has gas, so why not just stick a mixer shower in, eludes me......
Who knows who did the tiling also...its an utter dogs breakfast.....I could do better on the sauce.....(and I would have had the sense to do the pipework and electrics first before tiling....)
Easy enough job though,stick in an RCBO, cable from the CU in a cupboard, straight up the back of the cupboard, across the loft space and down the backwall, told the homeowner that at worst, I'll knock off a few tiles, cut a chase, cable up, fill the chase and stick a few tiles back on..

You heathern you should be going to church on a Sunday. LOL

Remember when I worked in a shipyard had a joiner going good style, saying that i attended church regular on a Sunday he took it hook, line and sinker, then he asked which one the rest off the lads where shaking their heads as I replied the one with the handles on the altar.

He looked at me totally confused and said I don't know that one until it was explained I was talking about the pub.

Last edited:
i've been to church twice. . dropped the m-i-l off at 09.00. picked her up at 12.00. beer time now.

i've been to church twice. . dropped the m-i-l off at 09.00. picked her up at 12.00. beer time now.

For a minute there I thought you said you dropped your ---- off at church :crazy:

well...you cant have her sat about on her arse doing nowt...can you now...

Was up about 11, bit a breakfast and tea, put to replace a bathroom fan, then dinner at my future mother in laws and a bit if champagne to celebrate the birth of my 7 day old daughter. Just watching football at the moment with my girls, both of who are asleep!

Reply to Easy like a sunday morning in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net