Discuss Energy Saving Commission - Either Conmen or Incompetent - Stay Clear! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SRE

Just a quick warning - don't part with your money to these guys. I wouldn't normally, slipped up and said yes and paid in December for January publication and am still waiting despite many reminders to them. They've now gone ahead with an ad that I haven't approved and that may be seen as us mis-representing ourselves.

As if we haven't got enough to worry about!

Be warned. I can't believe what a complete idiot I've been.:gunsmilie:

A lot of companies are out there with the word "commision, "parlimentry orginisation", "PFCS (cant remember what they stand for)"

All these companies name drop, when asked are they advertising they say no, cut to the chase and ask "by the end of this conversation are you going to ask me for money" even then it is suprising how many say "No".

My advice is this, the moment you hear more names than you can care to remember in 1 minute of a phone call simply say "Foxtrot Oscar" and put the phone down. that goes along with the official fire service diary, the police anual publication, etc, etc.

Lets not even get into the question of "who deals with your Yell listing" to get a google adwords geek trying to sell you something you are doing yourself and obviously well cos they found you over the internet in the first place.

Advertising leaches, hate them all, choose a mag that does not need to cold call it works out far better.

Having worked for the Energy Saving Trust for 12 years and with a post grad in marketing you'd have thought I'd have known better. I blame the panic of the Dec deadline and grasping at straws! :dunce2:

Reply to Energy Saving Commission - Either Conmen or Incompetent - Stay Clear! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock