Search the forum,

Discuss Funding after spending review in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Phil

just so you all are in the know so to speak here is how it is looking for the funding of courses for adults.

The government is removing the entitlement to free training for a first full level 2 qualification for those over 25. Further education students aged 24 and over studying for a level 3 qualifications (A-level equivalent) will be asked to pay fees. These students will be supported by the offer of a government-backed loan, where repayments will be dependent on the learner’s income, protecting those with lower earnings.

There will probably be mixed reactions to the Train to Gain programme being abolished, but we welcome the increase in adult apprenticeships by 75,000. We think it is disappointing that the entitlement for free training for a first full level 2 qualification for those over 25 is being removed, and that those over 24 will have to pay fees for level 3 qualification. As long as the new further education student loan rates are at low and not commercial rates, this should help ameliorate the worst effects of price driving away anyone aged 25 or over from learning, which would be to the detriment of themselves and their families and the economy. Loans may not be powerful enough as a countermeasure.

Of course this isn't just another typical torry policy that ensures only the rich get richer? that would just be cynical of me?

just so you all are in the know so to speak here is how it is looking for the funding of courses for adults.

The government is removing the entitlement to free training for a first full level 2 qualification for those over 25. Further education students aged 24 and over studying for a level 3 qualifications (A-level equivalent) will be asked to pay fees. These students will be supported by the offer of a government-backed loan, where repayments will be dependent on the learner’s income, protecting those with lower earnings.

There will probably be mixed reactions to the Train to Gain programme being abolished, but we welcome the increase in adult apprenticeships by 75,000. We think it is disappointing that the entitlement for free training for a first full level 2 qualification for those over 25 is being removed, and that those over 24 will have to pay fees for level 3 qualification. As long as the new further education student loan rates are at low and not commercial rates, this should help ameliorate the worst effects of price driving away anyone aged 25 or over from learning, which would be to the detriment of themselves and their families and the economy. Loans may not be powerful enough as a countermeasure.

That part hits the nail on the head, they wont fund a £500 course to enable someone to up there qualifications and in turn getting a better paid job. so the brainbox tories will be loosing tax revinue in the longer tearm as the learner is still on min wages.

when does this come into play this anyway?

Last edited:
Hi all

Simples cut the funding to all courses ! VOLTAGE

Voters dont need them for five years, ah new training courses how to be come a Banker

Oh just found 7 billion better keep that for the bonus at christmas handy for a bit of quantative easying

Look here now we gave you the training just go and find a job and pay the loan back we got a bonus to make

Thats odd where that euromillions ticket gone, ah just pay a bit more of the deficit with and any left over call it a winter fuel bonus

Am 2 just like the 1990s we will fund all the course but you have to pay for am2 and by the way we just shut the college down

Great if we cut the funding by 25%, shut down all the universites the oldies work longer after all they have the skills not like the young

Environmental Less white vans, more use of walking less carbon reduction when all the immigrants go home we can all shelf fill

On a more serious note this happen to me in the mid 1990s got qualified and no one would take me no experience had to work in a nursing home as caretaker then built experience up doing small jobs but that has been killed by part P

This is the time to invest in education and make the welfarre system work properly an example from the 1990s

reach counter balance course after six month out of work but you need fork lift bit as well but the had to be out of work for another six months to clam the next course. They then put you on voluntary work and you miracously dissapper of the unemployment register for 6 months

As old wogan says is it me ?????????
lol

I just signed up to an Apprenticeship, I am 35yo and it is fully funded and includes NVQ Level 3, Tech Cert Level 3 2330 and the AM2.....I got 3 years to complete but i hope to so it in 12 months ....although the college are not happy at that they want me to take 2 poss 3 years and i gotta do Key skills Maths,English and IT again.........I am self employed and not in receipt of benefits.....funding is available you just gotta hassle the life outta the college to give it to you...Its called WORK BASED LEARNING and my sub contracting work is by all means not permanent but while i am in work im gonna grab my NVQ 3 Evidence for the portfolio and when im outta work im gonna do voluntary jobs for friends n family...One catch....I cant be an apprentice and sign on when im out of work....guessin as usual when works on the thin side i gotta live off the wifes earnings and not sign on the dole...Even tho i paid my taxes arghhhh

It's strange how people forget what M. Thatcher did to this county [destroy manufacturing ] and still vote Tory.

not surprised you vote tory after the mess blair and brown have made. i do as well.

i dont vote...whats the point....why would i entrust a gang of people renowned for lying cheating and stealing to lead the country...no matter who is in power they all lie to get themselves in...so stuff the lot of them....they will do what ever they feel is right but will get it wrong....man cannot possible rule another man with success i cant name one single government that has brought about safe housing and jobs prosperity to the masses and equality across the board...a joke all of them...they rob our taxes to pay for their 2nd homes and still retain their jobs...if u got caught robbing anything on the job would u keep your job....nope....Sunday rant over.....

Reply to Funding after spending review in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net