Discuss Garage Project So Far.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

so that's what a garage floor looks like. ain't seen ours for years.

Its Mummy and Daddys:) garage im still living at home atm, as for the wine rack they prefer a smaller one as an excuse to visit the wine shop more often. I bought a staple gun and thought id try it out on the alarm, quite quick but sometimes i pierced the cable. As for the tools i have to admit im a loser i have pretty much every blue tool their is, i started collecting it slowly as an apprentice and 4 years later its complete. Just need to get some form of heating in their really, so when i am working on a classic car im still yet to buy im WARM, must admit i wish id used 3 spacer bars, hindsights a B***h.

When you say corrugated glands do you mean flexible polypropylene conduit and the glands. i.e. top left of CU.

Very tidy, but how many Bosch blue tools do you have! Bloody tons there mate! Or did you just buy the cases perhaps. I would kill for a nice work/storage space like that - I just have a shared lock-up with no power and the lad who shares it is a reet messy ficker! And a wet pants to boot!

Yes i do, i was thinking about doing a set in conduit but when scanning the catalogue, i noticed them and thought it would be easier than doing a set. I think they're quite handy.

I sweep my garage more than I sweep the kitchen. Just spent 30 minutes in there tidying up, even though nothing has been touched since I last tidied up 4 days ago.

One thing I notice about your garage pictures will. There's a severe lack of motorcycles, the one thing garages were intended for.

Yes i do, i was thinking about doing a set in conduit but when scanning the catalogue, i noticed them and thought it would be easier than doing a set. I think they're quite handy.

I used to work at a place called Ronbar Factors up here a good few years back. They manufacture a lot of the flexible conduit you would get from wholesalers. Despite working there, I have never had a reason to use any to date. I think it is often specified for protection on circuits where vibration may be present, motors etc.. But no harm using it, as you say, easier than faffing on!

Last edited:
You are obviously both OCD and ----...and i applaud your lovely set-up.

I did a garage extension at my folks,and went a bit OCD on the detail...

...I suppose if you had a REAL problem...you would solder cables to the each end of both top and bottom lead cover flashings,junction box them on the internal roof rafters,and link them to the alarm tamper circuit...just in case the lead fairies strike...

Still...no-one is THAT peculiar...are they? :dizzy2:

You are obviously both OCD and ----...and i applaud your lovely set-up.

I did a garage extension at my folks,and went a bit OCD on the detail...

...I suppose if you had a REAL problem...you would solder cables to the each end of both top and bottom lead cover flashings,junction box them on the internal roof rafters,and link them to the alarm tamper circuit...just in case the lead fairies strike...

Still...no-one is THAT peculiar...are they? :dizzy2:

Haha! Like that. But tamper cct?? No No! Surely you mean a dedicated 50A radial fed from a RCBO on a high integrity board. Would not want 'nuisance' tripping knocking your telly etc off!

I sweep my garage more than I sweep the kitchen. Just spent 30 minutes in there tidying up, even though nothing has been touched since I last tidied up 4 days ago.

One thing I notice about your garage pictures will. There's a severe lack of motorcycles, the one thing garages were intended for.

Armstrong MT500 and a Versys 650 in mine :) Daz

Reply to Garage Project So Far.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net