Discuss Hi, “Ed” - error on counter top dishwasher? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shax11

-
Reaction score
Hi,

So we’ve had this cookology counter top dishwasher - been really great for our kids milk bottles and a few dishes here there.

Anyways, I now have an Ed error on it. On further research I found out it maybe due to a communication error between the display and the pcb? (I am an extreme newbie with electronics I have however built pcs)

So any idea if I open the base panel what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Attachments

• D6BC69E1-2428-4051-A03C-1DD7C9546429.jpeg
    441.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi,

So we’ve had this cookology counter top dishwasher - been really great for our kids milk bottles and a few dishes here there.

Anyways, I now have an Ed error on it. On further research I found out it maybe due to a communication error between the display and the pcb? (I am an extreme newbie with electronics I have however built pcs)

So any idea if I open the base panel what I can do to fix this?

Thanks
Which model is it?

If it is a pcb error, then replacement parts may be an issue - they can be variable, in terms of availability and cost, though they are often shared amongst many 'different' brands which are in practise all made by the same company.

Changing PCBs are often no different from changing graphics cards etc, just often with smaller fiddlier connections. The appliance can be a pain to get apart without breaking plastic tabs, etc, so proceed slowly if you do open it.

I did find this on a quick search, for a model CMDW2BK showing "ED"

This indicates water has leaked in the base of appliance and activated the anti-flood device.
You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.
After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.
Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.
Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; select any program.
It should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to check what is causing the leak.

Which might be worth a try if you haven't already.

Which model is it?

If it is a pcb error, then replacement parts may be an issue - they can be variable, in terms of availability and cost, though they are often shared amongst many 'different' brands which are in practise all made by the same company.

Changing PCBs are often no different from changing graphics cards etc, just often with smaller fiddlier connections. The appliance can be a pain to get apart without breaking plastic tabs, etc, so proceed slowly if you do open it.

I did find this on a quick search, for a model CMDW2BK showing "ED"

Which might be worth a try if you haven't already.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, genuinely appreciate it.

Model number: Cookology CMDW2BK

So abit of backstory the buttons/panel has been abit dodgy from the start and I’d have to switch the power on and off to get it to work and sometimes it stop randomly mid cycle and restart. Giving E1 errors etc flood errors. So I did just as you mentioned above, tipped it back and to the side and cleaned out the drain and it worked for abit. So the idea that the base has water in it maybe correct.

If I open the door fully the error goes and it goes to the program option but all buttons unresponsive and shortly after switches back to the Ed error.

I think I’m going to have to disassemble it carefully. Then see if the pcb has a model number on it? Or do you advise otherwise?

Reply to Hi, “Ed” - error on counter top dishwasher? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net