Discuss hoover smells really bad in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jim1

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

ok i know this might sound pathetic and stupid but im quite worried, i hoovered water up last week and forgot about it and today turned my hoover on and the smell that came out was unbelievable and stank my house out for a while, im really worried that it was a toxic smell and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this, sorry for the post.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
P

pushrod

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is the hoover a wet and dry one? If it is for dry only i would take the filters out and replace, or wash and dry depending on type. I assume it wasn't smoke or a burning smell.

J

jim1

hi pushrod, its a dry normal house hoover, i couldnt see any smoke but the smell was chronic, i was worried if it was toxic. i think it might of been the motor.

M

m4tty

Have u been watching Scary Movie ...... Doofus lol

P

pushrod

If air filters get wet they get clogged which could lead to overheating - take them out and wash and dry if they are that type eg some dyson ones or replace it and try it again.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to hoover smells really bad in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom