Discuss How did you guys prepare for the apprenticeship aptitude test? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am studying for the aptitude test and finding a TON of links. I’ve been going through Kahn Academy, which is helping. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for the best way to study for the math section. I was thinking about getting the “algebra for dummies” book. Thank you for any help.

Not much help I’m afraid, as I am in UK and it was 1986.

As far as I remember, there was a little high school maths, nothing too taxing… some logic problem solving puzzles and a colour blindness test.

@Megawatt could maybe help, being from the same country, but I’m not sure how long ago it was for him.

Is this aptitude test some kind of national thing or is it an in-house test at a company you've applied to?

When I used to take on apprentices through my company we had out own in-house aptitude test and very little of it was about actual electrical knowledge. There was some maths and basic physics questions on there but it was more aimed at general problem solving and the candidates ability to learn.

Reply to How did you guys prepare for the apprenticeship aptitude test? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello fellow sparks, I’m looking to do my testing and inspection course which starts on the 30th of April, but I have not got much testing...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Currently I’m using freeagents platform for invoicing and it’s decent and gets the job done but it’s lacking a few features. Firstly I want to be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Ian and I am 38 years old, I have a 2 year old daughter and wife. We all like in a flat in Yeovil...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post so go easy! This is for people who are looking for more info on the course and exams and is from my experience of doing the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock