Search the forum,

Discuss Insulated Pliers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Right, Got tin hat, body Armour, anti abuse cream and I don't give monkeys mood on, has anyone tried the Knipex all insulated pliers? I sold some gear on flea bay so I thought I would get some just to be as Tel puts it for posey jobs, they are actually very robust and I think they would be quite useful for checking cables in terminations etc, now some will say we shouldn't work live but for fault finding etc they might prove useful, no danger of shorting anything out.

I'm ready for the outbursts, so I'm not bothered, it;s just a thought they cost me £15 quid, and as you know I'm a bit of a new kit must have sort of a guy, probably never use them now I'm retired, but hey ho, and they look nice. So fire away chaps and chapesses.

I'm interested to hear what they are like, I looked at getting a set a while ago but never actually got around to ordering them.

Well I have got the ordinary pliers and they really are quite robust, no cutters obviously but plenty of grip.

they'll also come in useful for tightening the handle grips on your zimmer frame. :ack2:

not forgetting the batteries for his hearing aid.

are there any really long long nose pliers, would be handy to have some a bit longer

Hey you shut it, right, yes they do do longer ones, may get some of them as well

pete. time us coffin dodgers ganged up on theses young sprogs. some of them ( mentioning no names but see post #7) must be due a nappy change or a bottle feed .

pete. time us coffin dodgers ganged up on theses young sprogs. some of them ( mentioning no names but see post #7) must be due a nappy change or a bottle feed .

Yep cheeky biggers, lets start a new forum "no pess taking of the coffin dodgers" treat with the respect they are due, perhaps we could get a T shirt made up for the over 60s " BEEN THERE DONE THAT GOT THE QUALS"

Yep cheeky biggers, lets start a new forum "no pess taking of the coffin dodgers" treat with the respect they are due, perhaps we could get a T shirt made up for the over 60s " BEEN THERE DONE THAT GOT THE GALS"

corrected that for you.

t shirt's no good for cold feet. socks are a wiser choice.

or the mafia equivalent................ ​a graft apprenticeship.

im getting these

95062304k.jpg

af2d42d472eb4233e6cde83b1cc8bc7e.jpg

www.knipex.com/index.php?id=1216&L=1&page=art_detail&isMobile=&parentID=1371&groupID=1430&artID=3561

copper single conductors up to 16 mm², multiple stranded wires up to 50 mm², fine stranded up to 70 mm² and aluminium conductors multiple stranded wires up to 70 mm²

I’m curious, why does anyone want the latest model of a pair of pliers, cutters, whatever.

I’m still using the same Eclipse 8” pliers I was issued with as an apprentice. They have been well used but not abused. The cutting blades don’t have marks on them other than the scores caused by cutting copper.
If I wanted a new pair I only had to fill in a requisition and they’d be there next day FOC. I do have an insulated pair, somewhere, god knows where. A fitter tried to borrow them and had to go to the first aid post.
All the fitters knew better than ask if they could borrow any of my tools.

How do people wreck well made tools, they should last a lifetime.

Are they the latest fashion accessory? So and so has xxxx, I’ve got the get the GTI version.

While on the topic:
When I went to Ellex with PhilD in 2013, I was nearly wetting myself with laughter. All these young lads parading around in outfits that wouldn’t look out of place at an all night rave. When they showed up to dinner in a 5 star hotel in the same outfits I was beside myself.
BTW, you lot picked the bill up for them.

My humour was tempered by having Tony Cable droning on and on all through dinner, in the bar afterwards and through breakfast!

I’m curious, why does anyone want the latest model of a pair of pliers, cutters, whatever.

I’m still using the same Eclipse 8” pliers I was issued with as an apprentice. They have been well used but not abused. The cutting blades don’t have marks on them other than the scores caused by cutting copper.
If I wanted a new pair I only had to fill in a requisition and they’d be there next day FOC. I do have an insulated pair, somewhere, god knows where. A fitter tried to borrow them and had to go to the first aid post.

Are they the latest fashion accessory? So and so has xxxx, I’ve got the get the GTI version.

While on the topic:
When I went to Ellex with PhilD in 2013, I was nearly wetting myself with laughter. All these young lads parading around in outfits that wouldn’t look out of place at an all night rave. When they showed up to dinner in a 5 star hotel in the same outfits I was beside myself.

My humour was tempered by having Tony Cable droning on and on all through dinner, in the bar afterwards and through breakfast!
didnt have a large set of shears to be honest mate and got the pliers because of the amount of times we work in live panels

The best shears are Gilbow, but they're quite plain with no fancy coloured handles. If you're going to cut through 95mm in one go you should know the cables dead.

While on the topic:

Bah Humbug you spoilsport

Reply to Insulated Pliers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net