Discuss Likes etc. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
We have a thumbs up, thumbs down for like and dislike
Agree is obvious
Winner is a good thing

I like them all, but “old” is never used and I think it is worth considering changing it for something along the lines of “ Hmmm, not convinced”

Many times I have looked at a post and thought no, I will ignore it rather than dislike or disagree.
Mostly because I don’t want to upset the poster.

Thoughts guys and girls??

I would dispense with 'old' too.

Regarding James' suggestion I suggest it be amended to 'Hmmm - please would you elaborate further?' because this asks - politely- for further development of something said by the OP or a later commentator.

I am not familiar with the range of emoticons to suggest a suitable one for James' suggestion.

On it. I'll get rid of 'old'.

But then for 'please elaborate further' I think I'd want people to ask which bits to elaborate on as the OP might think they have elaborate enough so would be confused as to what extra to add to their post.

Okay let's try this.

I've added a new 'More Info Please' bell. It's only active on the first post, so we don't just keep clicking it everywhere. And only arms members and esteemed (and staff) can click it. So it doesn't get abused.

I'll keep an eye on it as I'm not sure if it will take away from some actual dialogue which is always my first preference to engage.

I can imagine some plonkers using it day in day out rather than replying. So we'll see lol

I've had 2 dislikes recently. The same person disliked my posts in 2 different threads. I think very carefully about every post I make before posting.
I asked this person to explain the reason for the dislike, but got no answer. I'm now getting a persecution complex!!!
Would it be possible to encourage people not to dislike something unless they give a reason?

It is rare to get a dislike, most of us only use it very occasionally.
Don’t worry about it, many of us have had someone who seems to dislike what we post for a few days then disappear

Reply to Likes etc. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net