Discuss Megger DCM300e earth leakage clamp meter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've just had this product delivered to me and after opening the box I found that something inside the meter rattles quiet a bit when moving around in your hand. ive checked it's not the batteries and was just wounding if anyone else had this meter to see if it's just how they are or if mine may have a fault. It seems to work fine when testing my supply.thx

To be honest if I purchased a new tester and something was rattling around inside it I'd send it back in a heartbeat. The problem is if the thing rattling inside is a chunk of solder or a screw that's come loose in transport then it could cause other problems at a later date.

I've just had this product delivered to me and after opening the box I found that something inside the meter rattles quiet a bit when moving around in your hand. ive checked it's not the batteries and was just wounding if anyone else had this meter to see if it's just how they are or if mine may have a fault. It seems to work fine when testing my supply.thx

Good morning, I'd normally agree with Marvo and suggest to send it straight back.

However, we also have 2 of the clamp meters in stock. The rattling is probably caused by the data hold button - this is not fixed directly to the push button on the PCB inside the unit itself.

This is because the data hold button is held in place by the casing of the unit. If you rub your finger lightly over the data hold button you will hear the same rattle.

Nothing will be wrong with the clamp whatsoever - try holding the data hold button with your thumb and shake the clamp meter, the rattle should dissapear.

I don't think you did, but if you purchased the clamp from us and you want to send it back to us for a swap or refund, PM me with your order number and I'll arrange for it to be collected from you.

I hope this helps :)

Chris @ Test-Meter

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies .Chris you are right it was the data hold button feel a bit stupid now but thank you. I had actually ordered the kewtech kew2434 from SIS but wasn't in stock till January because of a known fault so they done me a deal on the Megger £240 all in which is about £80 cheaper than normal so couldn't say no to that.

No hard feelings, that certainly is a great deal and thanks for the reply. We've not been made aware of a known fault on the KEW2434 and we're their leading UK online distributor :/

Thank you for the information and I will look into this tomorrow just in case SIS are correct.

Sometimes, Kewtech products can have rather a long lead time, with a lot of their products being manufactured in the far east. This generally isn't a problem for distributors as we can get an idea of run rates and stock items. Well done, you certainly got a steal on the DCM300E! ;)

Chris
Test-Meter

Reply to Megger DCM300e earth leakage clamp meter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net