Discuss RCD requirments in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OK. Felt bad about being lazy.

16th Edition (BS 7671:2001)

471-16 Supplies for portable equipment outdoors

474-16-01
A socket-outlet rated at 32A or less which may reasonably be expected to supply portable equipment for use outdoors shall be provided with supplementary protection to reduce the risk associated with direct contact by means of a residual current device having the characteristics specified in Regulation 412-06-02(ii).

This regulation does not apply to a socket-outlet supplied by a circuit incorporating one or more of the protective measures specified in items (i) to (iii) below and complying with the Regulations indicated:

(i) protection by SELV (see Regulations 411-02 and 471-02)
(ii) protection by electrical separation (see Regulations 413-06 and 471-12)
(iii) protection by automatic disconnection and reduced low voltage systems (see Regulation 471-15).

OK. Felt bad about being lazy.

16th Edition (BS 7671:2001)

471-16 Supplies for portable equipment outdoors

474-16-01
A socket-outlet rated at 32A or less which may reasonably be expected to supply portable equipment for use outdoors shall be provided with supplementary protection to reduce the risk associated with direct contact by means of a residual current device having the characteristics specified in Regulation 412-06-02(ii).

This regulation does not apply to a socket-outlet supplied by a circuit incorporating one or more of the protective measures specified in items (i) to (iii) below and complying with the Regulations indicated:

(i) protection by SELV (see Regulations 411-02 and 471-02)
(ii) protection by electrical separation (see Regulations 413-06 and 471-12)
(iii) protection by automatic disconnection and reduced low voltage systems (see Regulation 471-15).

I gave you a 'like' for that

Reply to RCD requirments in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net