Discuss Separating TNCs supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N6rul

-
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was hoping if someone can help me, I separated the electrics in a house with a Tncs supply. Quite some time back... Went back today and noticed the circuits on db1 isolate with no problems but the circuits on db2 still show 160 volts when the mcbs for the circuit is isolated. Now to isolate the circuits, I have to turn of the main breaker.. Some advice will be greatly appreciated.... Thanks..

As with all posts of this nature help us before we can help you, what tests have you done and what results?
You are an Electrician so a testing routine should have best carried out to identify what is causing the voltage.... you don't even tell us what your testing between??

If you haven't done any testing then Im out .... do a test routine and return when you have results.

Last edited:
Re: Reply

I didn't get a chance to do a test this will be done today and I'll get back to you.. Thanks...

Bull....

Didn't get chance ? More like CBA or you don't have a clue how to test.

You wouldn't even pass the first year of an apprentership by switching on without dead testing.

Sort it out before your bodging bites you on the arse.

So you left a job with a potentially dangerous fault on it or did you fully isolate the power until today for safety reasons as you should have if you were unable to address the problem you were called out to?
I hope the latter.....

Just imagine if the fire brigade did that on a house fire.... sorry love not sure why your house is on fire - ill pop back tomorrow and will get the hoses out!

I think he probably means he swapped a single CU for a 2way. In which case, I'm also going to make an educated guess that I'll keep to myself!

Bet Mr.OP or should i say DIY Dave doesn't come back.

I don't like shouting at people on this forum, and tend too stay well clear and leave it to the bigger boy's but some people really do need telling.

The original post is actually frightening.

Reply to Separating TNCs supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net