Discuss Should Scotland be allowed another referendum and do you think parliament has a right to deny it? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Should Scotland be allowed to take another referendum because of Brexit as is the SNP's claim?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
you have only got 5 half million are you counting the sheep and cows has well
what a lot of bull ,go it alone are you dreaming .lets come to the chase so if Scotland leaves the this island call great Britain you will have to go cap in hand to moneatry fund begging for a bale out before you leave .

The point is that it should be up to Scotland when and if we decide to have a referendum
Name one other country that has left the UK and had to come bank begging ?

Donald Tusk has just commented on Scottish Independence, note the different tone on Scottish independence now the UK are a third country
I dont mind that Scotland is trying to go on its own ,where is Scotland going to get
the moiney from when you leave .print your own ,is this euro or pounds ,you will have to wait a few years to join the line like other counrtys to fall in line with EU demands . I remember a Spanish pm saying for them to join they will have a long wait .

I dont mind that Scotland is trying to go on its own ,where is Scotland going to get
the moiney from when you leave .print your own ,is this euro or pounds ,you will have to wait a few years to join the line like other counrtys to fall in line with EU demands . I remember a Spanish pm saying for them to join they will have a long wait .

The alleged deficit is 7%
Money:
Scotland will use Sterling (with or without permission) straight after independence and move to any currency (or even make up one) later. Remember Canada, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Ireland used Sterling when they went independent
Ireland used Sterling from 1929 to 1979 and then wen to the punt.
As things stand ALL the Scottish notes in circulation are backed up by assets lodged with the bank of England by the Scottish banks. There's £50bn to start with.

We won't have to wait a few years to join- see the BBC reporter do a live bait with a MEP who gave her an answer she did not expect, note how quickly the conversation was cut when it was not news in the 'remit'

Spain- another media rumour that is well busted

The problem here is that all the UK myths have been busted and the union is on thin ice.
Try asking a Unionist politician to detail ways Scotland benefits from being in the UK

The alleged deficit is 7%
Money:
Scotland will use Sterling (with or without permission) straight after independence and move to any currency (or even make up one) later. Remember Canada, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Ireland used Sterling when they went independent
Ireland used Sterling from 1929 to 1979 and then wen to the punt.
As things stand ALL the Scottish notes in circulation are backed up by assets lodged with the bank of England by the Scottish banks. There's £50bn to start with.

We won't have to wait a few years to join- see the BBC reporter do a live bait with a MEP who gave her an answer she did not expect, note how quickly the conversation was cut when it was not news in the 'remit'

Spain- another media rumour that is well busted

The problem here is that all the UK myths have been busted and the union is on thin ice.
Try asking a Unionist politician to detail ways Scotland benefits from being in the UK

Video removed- funny that

Here's another copy

Oh dear another conspiracy theory. You are living in a different world.

Oh dear another conspiracy theory. You are living in a different world.
I did not mention conspiracy, you did
I did mention coincidence, which I am sure it was.

on a completely different note you will have seen all over the news that 3 opinion polls have been in favour of independence in the past week.

No polls since December 12th and 3 the first week in February, all ignored.
So glad we dont have and need a TV license

So, more bluff and bluster

The UK have (for the moment anyway) confirmed that they will not extend the brexit transition period

This despite Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all voting / requesting an extension period

This 'family of nations' is getting a little frayed- all nations bar England wish an extension and the reply is basically- we will decide what is best ' do one'

[automerge]1592078596[/automerge]
The Irish are prepared, they already have a larger ferry port at Dublin and a spanking new ferry to bypass the UK

@baldelectrician
Is this argument still going on, the referendum was a national referendum England, N' Ireland, Scotland and Wales - it was not about any one country but as a United Kingdom so we all went into the referendum in the knowledge that it worked like any other nation wide vote IE we have the losers consent, in taking part you agreed to honour the result both as a country and an individual, we voted to leave and that should be the end of the matter. Where do we stop if we start giving individual countries exemptions from the result, do we stop at countries, or regions, cities or towns.. the system would not be democratic if we did not follow the result through and voting confidence would be lost for generations.

Regarding the extension, there was never going to be another extension, it was made clear as part of the election that the only way it could happen is if both sides agreed by the end of this month but clarity was given from the beginning this was not going to happen on our part. If we did extend it then we become liable for the EU's ongoing expenses and given that the EU has underwritten a trillion euro's due to corvid then we would be liable for our share of the bill and as one of the highest contributors that would have cost us hundreds of billions, in fact an estimate to business, trade delays to other countries and the uncertainty of the economy plus the bailout costs of the EU would cost us over a trillion in lost money that would not be return... I think we all could agree that an extension is not worth a trillion loss to us, the EU are so desperate to tie us in somehow so they can claim those bailout eye watering sums from us and is why they are really angry at the moment as they are now realising they have no hand to play and are in a real financial hole they cannot see an exit from, even Germany is in a legal wrangle now with the EU because of this bailout as they would end up footing the majority of it.

Re' the port expansion, this was planned long before the referendum and started in 2017, it has nothing to do with Brexit, the UK is also upgrading several ports which it fails to mention like Felixstow so I see little relevance in that clearly politically biased article.

I don’t want to go it alone.......and don’t know any English that do, come to that I don’t know any Scottish that do either.......?

I don’t want to go it alone.......and don’t know any English that do, come to that I don’t know any Scottish that do either.......?
That's the point

The ONLY way to settle it is a referendum, there were porkies told all over the place last time
When the (now) First Minister brought up that Scotland may be dragged out the EU she was basically told she was scaremongering, yet that is what happened

For context the guy on the right was the UK Government Scottish Secretary at the time- a cabinet member.

The Better Together side told Scots that they had to vote NO to independence to GUARANTEE Scotland would stay in the EU.

Oh god not again......YOU had a referendum........Scotland voted to stay........I’m gonna tell you something know that will blow your mind as well.........politicians lie...ALL of them not some of em ALL of em ?
do you not think that the remain voters knew that Scotland possibly could be pulled out of the eu if they voted to remain?.....it wasn’t a secret was it?...they knew what they were voting for...it’s insulting to suggest they didn’t!

Oh god not again......YOU had a referendum........Scotland voted to stay........I’m gonna tell you something know that will blow your mind as well.........politicians lie...ALL of them not some of em ALL of em ?

Translation:
We are your imperial masters, it does not matter how you vote, what you say you WILL be subservient to us and do as we say.
We gave you one vote- democracy is now dead, shut up and know your place you sweaty Jocks.

have I left anything out ?:cool:
[automerge]1592250823[/automerge]
The next Scottish Parliament election will be in May 2021 and it will be a defacto indyref mandate

It will be interesting to see how things pan out, if Boris fluffs things up and Scotland goes independent we may need border controls to prevent refugees flooding north (like in the Handmaid's Tale)

Translation:
We are your imperial masters, it does not matter how you vote, what you say you WILL be subservient to us and do as we say.
We gave you one vote- democracy is now dead, shut up and know your place you sweaty Jocks.

have I left anything out ?:cool:
Mate honestly the only people with that mindset are you....there are no (ok none I know) English with that attitude, your sense of being repressed is holding you back......I can’t believe I’m gonna let you in on another secret in one evening but here goes......the English quite like the Scottish ?.....I know!
I used English as an example I personally would call myself British ?

If as you believe the English hate you all so much why doesn’t frankie ask for a vote from all corners of the United Kingdom as to wether Scotland should leave?.......should be a full gone conclusion for her surely?

Last edited:
Bald electrician, please stop putting words into our mouths to make us appear anti Scottish. I know it suits your viewpoint, but it simply isn't true in the main.

why doesn’t frankie ask for a vote

See - needing to ask for permission to have a decision for your country, stay in your place.

I am most certainly anti English, when we did family holidays we went to Torbay as the weather is decidedly warmer and I prefer to stay in the British Isles.

When we are independent I will prefer to holiday here as well.

The democratically elected Scottish Parliament should have the right to decide when and if a vote tom leave the UK is held

Simple as that.
[automerge]1592251639[/automerge]
I am not anti English, I am anti-Westminster as i believe it is past it

For example Labour have been wanting to abolish the House of Lords for over 100 years but still have not managed it.

You carry on being anti English if you want. You're only going to wind yourself up. The rest of us just get on with each other.

See - needing to ask for permission to have a decision for your country, stay in your place.

I am most certainly anti English, when we did family holidays we went to Torbay as the weather is decidedly warmer and I prefer to stay in the British Isles.

When we are independent I will prefer to holiday here as well.

The democratically elected Scottish Parliament should have the right to decide when and if a vote tom leave the UK is held

Simple as that.
It’s OUR country, all of ours.....United Kingdom what affects one affects all......ok ask for a vote poor choice of words on my behalf fueling your fire but I’m sure you understood what I meant mate ?

Reply to Should Scotland be allowed another referendum and do you think parliament has a right to deny it? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock