Discuss Start up equipments and van lease/financing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I’m in the process of getting myself organised to start up my own electrical business next year. I don’t want to come unstuck so I’m trying to cover every base so when it comes to the time and I finally declare myself as a ltd company I want to make sure I’ve got everything I need and no nasty surprises hit me. I’ve made a pretty long list of things I need to get and I’m ticking it off bit by bit. Are there any things you would recommend getting? I should probably add I’m going to be solely domestic.

also, what’ve you lot done about vans? I won’t have the cash to buy one outright, not even an older one really. I was thinking about financing a van a few years old. Or maybe even leasing? Any of you able to tell me any good lease deals? Also does anyone know the crack with getting a leased van sign written?

Any advice would be much appreciated .
Thanks.

Good set of knee pads , back brace , wrist supports and tool box with a bazillion tools in it 90% of which you will rarely use :)

Imo start off sole trader and keep your overheads as low as you can, if your bookkeeping is likely to be simple just use a free program like VT cashbook (I've been using it for 8 years) does everything I need. Would highly recommend stretching to buy an older van outright until you've built up a customer base. Get a decent test meter but I wouldnt go megger personally, KT63DL will do all you need at a low price, and then pay your scam membership, you can split that over a few months, and just go mid priced hand tools. Worked for me.

Also check eBay for pre owned tools , loads of decent C.K , Knipex , Wera stuff on there for a fraction of the retail price. you honestly don’t need to spend much on a basic tool kit to get you started.

Reply to Start up equipments and van lease/financing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net