Discuss SUB MAIN IN FLATS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
been out to test a 1st floor flat and all the sub mains and meters are in a hall way ground floor going to each flats which are 5, the sub mains are not rcd protected ,i guess when it was converted and tested to the 16th or there about . can not see how it was installed so the building belongs to who ever , having the sub main going to that flat and owner owns that floor , ,i have c2 it not having rcd protection reg 522.6.203 .

been out to test a 1st floor flat and all the sub mains and meters are in a hall way ground floor going to each flats which are 5, the sub mains are not rcd protected ,i guess when it was converted and tested to the 16th or there about . can not see how it was installed so the building belongs to who ever , having the sub main going to that flat and owner owns that floor , ,i have c2 it not having rcd protection reg 522.6.203 .
What cable is used Buzz?

I've only ever done this in SWA but you do end up with the problem of presenting it neatly into a domestic CU downstream.

it could be argued that the cable runs themselves are covered by the 'skilled persons' get-out clause because no-one except a contractor instructed by the landlord is going to be drilling through walls in communal construction. Maaybe.

It is likely that it was compliant at the time of installation, a code 2 would only be appropriate IMO if it could be ascertained that there was a real possibility of disturbance or mechanical damage. If not I would apply a code 3.

it could be argued that the cable runs themselves are covered by the 'skilled persons' get-out clause because no-one except a contractor instructed by the landlord is going to be drilling through walls in communal construction. Maaybe.
it like what comes first chicken or the egg job .

Reply to SUB MAIN IN FLATS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net