Search the forum,

Discuss Thank You! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jag1972

Guys

Firstly, can I say a big thank you to the team at Solar City who completed my install last week (18x200w Suntech ADE panels on a Power One inverter). The system looks great and I'm really pleased with it.

Secondly, can I thank everyone on this forum for all the knowledge and advice you provide. You are obviously passionate about what you do and I know I've certainly learnt a lot.

Finally, can I wish all you installers the very best in these most difficult of circumstances.

All the best and many thanks again.

Congratulations on voiding any warrenty you may have had on your roof, i hope you set £1000 aside for a new inverter in the next 10 years, how much will your panels degrade over the next 25 years? Also i hope you dont move out in the next 25 years or your investment will be worthless to you.

thats a bit off isn't it?
1. what warranty, who has a warranty on their roof and how can you say this installation will damage their roof, have you done a survey on it?
2. nothing wrong with suntec panels.
3.most inverter manufacturers offer a refurbishment option on inverters at about 50% of the cost of a new inverter. most companies make customers aware of the need for inverter replacement once in the lifetime of the system. however, that is based on older inverters. modern ones will probably last better but no one actually knows for sure.
4. Evidence from germany is that a solar system adds value to your property, and what do you know abut this customers plans for moving/staying put. he may,, just may, have actually thought that one through.

I know things are tough at the moment but I don't think that excuses offensive posts like yours to the customers who pay our wages

Bizarre comments by the modestly self-titled Superspark.

It is more than likely that Jag will fully recoup his complete outlay in less than 8 years. And possibly in a lot less time than that. During this time he will also save a goodly sum on his leccy bills. After this time he will have a nice extra little income. And should he decide to sell at any time in the foreseeable future, he will almost certainly recoup everything he laid out on the install and very possibly a bit more too (Let's be blunt - a couple of additional question on any house-buyer's list from now on will be "Do you have a PV system" and "was it installed in 2010-11?".)

I'm trying to work out what he's done wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:
Secondly, can I thank everyone on this forum for all the knowledge and advice you provide. You are obviously passionate about what you do and I know I've certainly learnt a lot.

Yes, I'd second that. Thank you to everyone on this forum who contributes freely with their ideas and suggestions. It helped me with a decision to go for an install.

I wonder if this will have any effect on the dec deadline (copied over from another forum):
Europe looks to force UK to push back December's Feed-in Tariff cut > National News > News | Click Green

Last edited by a moderator:
one thing worth pointing out, when you buy a house you don't inherit the FiT the seller is claiming, you start again at the feed in tarriff prevalent on that day so for resale the installation date makes no difference.
thats my understanding anyway

The FiT would move over at the existing owner's rate. But the new owner needs to make sure that they have the PV specifically included and documented as part of the sale as they will need 'proof of ownership' to set up their FiT contract.

Or let the new owner keep the free Electric and you the current owner keep the FIT or sell the value of the fit to the New owner separately to the house contract to keep the house sale below stamp. Superspark must be very bitter and twisted i pity you ..

Congratulations on voiding any warrenty you may have had on your roof, i hope you set £1000 aside for a new inverter in the next 10 years, how much will your panels degrade over the next 25 years? Also i hope you dont move out in the next 25 years or your investment will be worthless to you.

Muppet

Oh bad form old boy! Return your tankard!

It really is quite staggering how someone can be so wrong with so few words.

Take a bow.

Guys

Firstly, can I say a big thank you to the team at Solar City who completed my install last week (18x200w Suntech ADE panels on a Power One inverter). The system looks great and I'm really pleased with it.

Finally, can I wish all you installers the very best in these most difficult of circumstances.

All the best and many thanks again.

Hi Jag1972,

I've got to agree I had same installer and well pleased with how he handles his business. He is part of a conscientious core of installers who post on here offering advice and passing on knowledge to all and sundry. All striving hard to give us customers a decent array when demand outstrips resources.

It is a difficult time for you all and your stepping up to the mark admirably. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

Superspark23 I hope you feel as daft as you've portrayed yourself .

Most eloquently put most of you.

Afraid i cant be so restrained.

Yes take a bow Superpratt,

But while you are doing so i will shove this large golfing umbrella up your dumb a**e and open it!!!

I would take that brain back son because it is clearly out of warranty.

Superspark, I'm somewhat surprised at the nature of your response considering you do not know me or even any of the reasons as to why I may have chosen to install a system. I can only believe you were having a bad day and letting off some steam.

You also completely seem to miss the point of my post which was actually to thank the professionals out there for the great job they do!

jag 1972
ignore superprat, he isn't part of this industry, he doesn't represent this industry or it's members. he is a cock of the highest order. The rest of us are grateful for your thanks and support and taking the time to post it on here

Funny thing is, I had a quick looksee over some other of SS's other posts to see if positivity is a feature anywhere, and find he was part of the Solar PV industry himself. So I guess he can add 'hypocrite' to his many qualities.

"Bloody Daily Mail readers, they get everywhere."
Ooh, that's a bit harsh, Biggs.

Reply to Thank You! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net