Discuss The quest for the perfect tool bag! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

keniff

-
Reaction score
So what do you guys use? I've been through a hell of a lot of tool bags from veto to ck to dewalt can't seem to find one that holds all I need and be durable! I mainly do domestic works but seems a struggle to organise my gear!

ck magma big tote? got it like 2 years, most of it house bashing and still going strong.
bag1.jpg

bag2.jpg
ck magma toolbag, bombproof good for testers, papers, laptop, screwdrivers and pliers.

bag3.jpg

plus £40 wickes chest on wheels to keep some powertools (grinder, multicutter, jigsaw), lump hammer, crowbar and other heavy gear.

I have had this bag for years Stanley FatMax Tool Tote Bag 20" | NoLinkingToThis and has never let me down, most trades people i meet onsite seem to have this bag, must be due to its good price/quality.

Up until I retired I used two ammunition cases for my hand tools. They’ve been dropped every way you could think of. Great to sit on when working in the bottom of marshalling panels. The best bit, they put the fear of god up people!
I didn't get much hassle.

Mine are stencilled.

MEDIUM RANGE

CARTRIDGES FOR WEAPONS

INERT PROJECTILES

25 RDS

A RIOT 1.5 IN BATTON

In other words rubber bullets.

You only find the perfect bag when you get older,that,s when you have enough skill,s and knowledge to do exactly the same job as you did when you were younger but with a third of the tools,I don,t know whether it,s just that you learn to do more with less or whether it,s that you can,t be arsed carrying all that gear around.

I have a Veto Pro Pac XXL, let me just tidy it up, i was going to anyway, then ill take a photo of what I can get in it. Its quite impressive how much you can fit to be honest. The key to clean tools, well handles anyway, I use wet wipes, i give everything a wipe over every couple of weeks or so just to keep it clean. Let me take a photo, then I best go as ill be late for my next job.

Ok here goes, that's a lot of stuff, ok it weighs a fair bit... But i can carry all my junk in one bag, admittedly I wish I had got two Veto Pro Pac OT-XL instead of one bigger one.

All this plus misc bits of cable and clips, labels etc..

DSC05595.jpg DSC05596.jpg DSC05597.jpg

The hammer, just got that one last week as a second hammer.

No its the back of the mirror, well like i said, I hoover the bag out every couple of weeks and wet wipe everything down to get rid of the grime and dust and the like, if you look after your kit, it looks after you. As you know, good kit costs a lot of money so I would rather try to keep it in good condition and not neglect it. If you never clean them and they get dirtier and dirtier, you then think oh its old and knackered ill abuse it or buy another, but if you maintain a clean state, then I feel it makes you work more productively and enjoy doing the job. If you have to search for a screwdriver and pull out something fit for the bin from the bottom, you may not give so much attention to the job in hand.

Maybe its just me, but I like to have clean tools to use. The bag had almost turned white with plasterboard dust and all the tools unrecognisable the other week. Honestly, go and give your kit a wipe down and you will enjoy using it more. Sainsburys basics own wet wipes, 47p per pack of 80, cant go wrong!

Last edited:
Uksparks. That's what happens when you take your eyes of your screwdrivers...they breed like crazy.

Agree, it makes you look a plonker when you turn up at a job and can't do it because you have not got the right size screwdriver etc..

- - - Updated - - -

I did used to use cheapo bags, I got this Pro Pac about 8 months ago now i think.

I have a Veto Pro Pac XXL, let me just tidy it up, i was going to anyway, then ill take a photo of what I can get in it. Its quite impressive how much you can fit to be honest. The key to clean tools, well handles anyway, I use wet wipes, i give everything a wipe over every couple of weeks or so just to keep it clean. Let me take a photo, then I best go as ill be late for my next job.

Looked good until I saw the price .... £180 for a tool bag!! Tell me you didn't anywhere near that?

There's another one here ... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veto-Pro-Pa...&qid=1382533511&sr=1-11&keywords=veto+pro+pac

I use my two CK bags for test gear. Used to use two cheap open totes for hand tools, but got sick of rummaging around in bottom to find things, so now mainly use a £8 Wickes tool tray for most used tools.

I bought a CK tool bag a couple of weeks ago. Seems ok. I have a metal box I would use for building sites, as it would get more of a bashing. Usually though I just fill the old snickers pockets with the tools I need and the bag stays in the van!

Reply to The quest for the perfect tool bag! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net