Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Two versions of lighting wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Am I right in thinking it isn't the best idea to wire feeds to switch in one room then to the light fitting in another in a domestic new build

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
you could have a run of conventional lights using 3 pate at lights, but a room with downlights on same circuit could be loop at switch to make the above ceiling wiring simpler..

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I'd vote for do what suits. Not the end of the world if they're done differently.
don't mention suits. they are the bane of our lives, always interfering, think they know it all, when their knowledge only comes out of a computer, or a "meeting".

Loki

-
Trainee
Supporter
Advent Win
Am I right in thinking it isn't the best idea to wire feeds to switch in one room then to the light fitting in another in a domestic new build
Quite offten a method used by Clarkson Evans when I worked there.
T&E from CU to first light then 3core to the switch the T&E to the next room light then 3core to switch etc.

Using this way meant that you got a permanent live & neutral at the light & switch. Here's a quick drawing to show, CPC's have ommitted.

T&E then 3core.jpg

T

Toneyz

Quite offten a method used by Clarkson Evans when I worked there.
T&E from CU to first light then 3core to the switch the T&E to the next room light then 3core to switch etc.

Using this way meant that you got a permanent live & neutral at the light & switch. Here's a quick drawing to show, CPC's have ommitted.

View attachment 47953
What was it like working for C.E.

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed
I didn't have an issue with the long hours, hard work, quick pace or the in-house EAL training. Had other concerns.
I meant nothing wrong with it with regard to the 2 types of lighting wiring not with regard to your employer!

7029 dave

-
Mentor
Arms
More than 2, don't forget the JB system , yes still nothing wrong with it, if it a accessible. ( got to say that load of rubbish)

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Two versions of lighting wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom