Discuss Understanding EV testers? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Just to make you laugh Gavin. i still haven't been paid a penny for the 2 claims i have made. First one was in June, second in August. The August one has just been declined due to something or other that i don't even understand and I need to resubmit.
I can safely say I will no longer be offering the grant to any EV customers. I genuinely take my hat off to you for having such a good system in place to deal with the grant.
Roll on March!?
I use ev comply.. worth every penny...
Junes has been processed. As has Augusts.
Money for August was paid into bank by them this week a nice lump sum for 12 installs.
Email them and ask whats happening with the submissions.
If you send me over what they said is wrong on the spreadsheet i will help you out.
You say roll on March but now is time to learn your skillset on ev chargers as when grant goes and its wild west then manufacturers.will control the market and who installs and activates the units. They will quickly filter the.cowboys out.

i should start an EV testing course!
All the adaptors you see such as the megger one and kewtech will test all ev chargers with exception of type 1 tethered units (these are largely obsolete as only old evs use these) you can get an adaptor in anycase for £50 to connect.
The test adaptor uses a type 2 lead this will fit any type 2 tethered or socketed charger.
Through this lead you can simulate charge states such as waiting for scheduled charge, start charge etc, you can also simulate a cp link or if used pp link fault which will stop a charge.
You connect your MFt to this via 3 leads or 3 pin plug lead and then can test rcds, do Zs, PFC, PSC etc...
The metrel adaptor will talk to the metrel MFt and do a few extra things but will still work with other mfts.

I paid £950 for my megger evse adaptor which came with both type 1 and type 2 leads. - the type 1 useful as a lot of the older chargers with type 1 leads now developing problems and have repaired quite a few.

To the letter of the regulations the ability to test the charge states and activate the contactor within the charger is a requirement under functional testing and some of the chargers can actually detect if you have even done the testing when installed, as they log a lot of info inside. I know of one guy on his niceic inspection who showed an ev charger and he didnt do the rcd testing!! when asked to get up the logs on the charger it showed when installed, and hey presto no RCD testing! got a telling off by the area engineer for that.

Should add I have a kewtech kt65DL MFT and the Megger EVSE adaptor
The UK version of the Megger EV Adaptor comes with both Type 1 and Type 2 leads.

Apologies, I see you stated that later in your post.

That they did and mine was returned. To be fair to Megger, they realized there was a problem and issued a recall, they paid for the return, it was away for about 3 days and sent back! I really can't complain about the services.
Ok I agree it shouldn't have had to be sent back in the first place but at least they were efficient in doing the repairs and sending it back!
Mine's was away for three weeks.

? 3weeks did it go on a cruise while it was away? Blimy! Did Megger give you any explanation for this?
Does anyone else have or know someone with the Megger EV adaptor that was recalled, how long was yours away for?

? 3weeks did it go on a cruise while it was away? Blimy! Did Megger give you any explanation for this?
Does anyone else have or know someone with the Megger EV adaptor that was recalled, how long was yours away for?
I contacted Megger within a day or two of the recall a few months ago (trying to get ahead of the posse) so perhaps they were inundated with returns at the time. Got a free volt stick though!

Typically I ended up with a couple of EVSE installations to do without the adaptor then.

I use ev comply.. worth every penny...
I was looking at these, set up fee worth it I guess if you are doing a few.
Junes has been processed. As has Augusts.
Money for August was paid into bank by them this week a nice lump sum for 12 installs.
Email them and ask whats happening with the submissions.
If you send me over what they said is wrong on the spreadsheet i will help you out.
You say roll on March but now is time to learn your skillset on ev chargers as when grant goes and its wild west then manufacturers.will control the market and who installs and activates the units. They will quickly filter the.cowboys out.
Never considered this hmmmmm

Reply to Understanding EV testers? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock