Discuss Upgrading my garage supply. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

succinctly put by ^^^^^ dave. no further comments required, unless they are funny.

showing----.gif

There is nothing wrong with this as the feed in to the garage is fused at 13A already.

2 RCDs in series makes it very hard for you to test the RCD tripping times when you carry out the essential tests before putting your new work in to use.

The additional MCBs won’t make any improvement as the current protection is correct, however they will have no practical negative effect on the installation.

Yes the armour should be earthed at least at one end, preferably the supply end.
No DP isolation is not normally required.
Thanks Dave,
It took a lot of work to get there so thanks for your clear definitive answer.
If others would have done this rather than go off on tangents as to why I wanted more sockets etc we would've been done a lot sooner and I wouldn't have needed to sound like a bolshy git, which I'm not unless people get up my nose.
Again thanks Dave.

Thanks Dave,
It took a lot of work to get there so thanks for your clear definitive answer.
If others would have done this rather than go off on tangents as to why I wanted more sockets etc we would've been done a lot sooner and I wouldn't have needed to sound like a bolshy git, which I'm not unless people get up my nose.
Again thanks Dave.

Glad you are now sorted mate.
On the flip side of the coin, if you would have just given the info at the beginning then "we would've been done a lot sooner"

Glad you are now sorted mate.
On the flip side of the coin, if you would have just given the info at the beginning then "we would've been done a lot sooner"
Spoon, thanks.
To be fair if you read the original post again, the info is there and the questions are there.
Will have to agree to disagree.

Spoon, thanks.
To be fair if you read the original post again, the info is there and the questions are there.
asking a lot for some forum electricians to read an OP properly before replying. esp. if it's more than 2 lines. :eek::eek::eek::eek::mad:

Spoon, thanks.

That is ok mate... I don't expect everyone to agree with me..

Deleted... Double post..

MODS: Any reason why there isn't a Delete Post option, like the Edit option?

asking a lot for some forum electricians to read an OP properly before replying. esp. if it's more than 2 lines. :eek::eek::eek::eek::mad:

and I'm illiterate......

Unusual thread that, don't get many garage supply queries.
No only a few every so often, seems that garage installs queries are off the radar:smilingimp::tramcar::raisedhands::tongue:

Right guys... I've just had a brain wave....
I'm going to start a course where you can become a GI..... No.. not a soldier... but a Garage Installer...

Right guys... I've just had a brain wave....
I'm going to start a course where you can become a GI..... No.. not a soldier... but a Garage Installer...
Don't Spoon, one of the scams will cotton on and start arranging courses. People will start calling themselves Garage Electricians.

Don't Spoon, one of the scams will cotton on and start arranging courses. People will start calling themselves Garage Electricians.

But they will be Garage Electricians..... We love all electricians...

Must say,I just read this thread and the frozen guy comes over as one almighty know it all (bar a bit) :rolleyes: he showed no respect at all for posts that tried to assist
I'm glad I did not post ;) to then have an attempt at assistance shoved down my throat like other members endured

I didn't take any offence by any of the OP's posts... Text is a rubbish form of communication as you never know how to take then....
I'm just brill, so I took then all happy... Just imagined him skipping through fields with a flower in his mouth while texting away....

Reply to Upgrading my garage supply. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net