Discuss viable replacement options for 8' fluorescents in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I hadn't factored in 103lm/w tubes! The ones that come with the fittings are 89lm/w. This would almost certainly sway me to recommend flurries as the light spread in this factory is a major concern of mine, all the trunking are spaced with flurries in mind

We have been using the cooper crompack led with various outputs and got very good results they are very bright and look well on the lighting trunking. We fitted 48 today we was replacing 2x58w fittings

FWIW, the last time I looked at this (about a month ago) T8 HF tubes were putting out 10% more lumes / watt than the best LED tubes. About 103 from memory, depends on exactly which tubes you use. When I factored in tube change to get a like for like duration of 25000 hours, it was still miles cheaper than LED. Also the light spread from a tube is just so much better than LED. Maybe in a couple of years they can be better but in my view unless a tube change is very difficult its still T8 for 6ft fittings as a direct replacement for 8ft.

I really like LED and the light quality. Don't expect modern 58/70w fluorescent tubes to be as stable as an old 100w. We have far more early failures in fluorescent tubes in the first year that LED fittings.

One average over the last 5/6 years I get one tube failure in a hundred. These fittings are what I have recently used. POPPACK BATTEN 2X70W T26 HF L840 ? Great Britain (English) I think if you scan LED strip lights even today, they can manage about 91 l/w and they are at the expensive end of the range.

That's the battens I always use, their cheap at £26 each and seem to last the distance, why anyone bothers with cheapo makes I don't know. The only fault with the thorns is that don't bother to secure the cables inside.

Reply to viable replacement options for 8' fluorescents in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net