Currently reading:
Viper clip gun

Discuss Viper clip gun in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Think it has been mentioned. There was a junction box on there a few years ago. Chocbox? I wanna say. Worth millions now and don't think they got the investment in the end.

Then some swappable strap Clips that replaces cable ties as you can use a bit snap it off use some more etc

All been discussed on here. If you search (in the top right search box not the Google one) you get a bunch of posts. You're welcome to reply to any mate.

Think it has been mentioned. There was a junction box on there a few years ago. Chocbox? I wanna say. Worth millions now and don't think they got the investment in the end.
The guy didn't actually want the investment I think he wanted £100K for 5% of the business when the dragon's startedcrunching the numbers it came to light that the guy had earned £4m already that is when he told them he didn't need the investment but wanted their marketing expertise to get him into international markets with his product

Hello, has anyone bought or used the viperclip gun , it was the one on dragons den a few years back. If so what are your thoughts.
Thanks
I've looked at it, but while the standard clips are reasonably priced the fire clips are 3 times the price
They have been at Elex this year and I asked why adding a small strip of metal to create a fire clip pushes the price up so much and the response was that the cost of product testing and certification is quite high and has to be built in to the costs

I've looked at it, but while the standard clips are reasonably priced the fire clips are 3 times the price
They have been at Elex this year and I asked why adding a small strip of metal to create a fire clip pushes the price up so much and the response was that the cost of product testing and certification is quite high and has to be built in to the costs

Realistically, how often are fire clips needed for flat cables?

I hadn't realised you could buy normal clips for this gun. An interesting development that makes this gun unique when compared with DeWalt and Milwaukee.

I hadn't realised you could buy normal clips for this gun. An interesting development that makes this gun unique when compared with DeWalt and Milwaukee.
An extra £90 - £100 for the fire version is a bit steep for the addition of a tiny strip of metal though

Thanks for the replies , it looks a lot neater using individual clips than a one size fits all . As they’ve been available for a few months I’d love to hear how they perform. Was expecting youtube electricians to be reviewing them .

Thanks for the replies , it looks a lot neater using individual clips than a one size fits all . As they’ve been available for a few months I’d love to hear how they perform. Was expecting youtube electricians to be reviewing them .
From the try out I had on the stand at Elex they are a good piece of kit if you are regularly clipping T&E and possibly a bit neater than the Dewalt one size fits all staples
The Viperclip stapler has a number of safety features to stop you accidentally nailing though the cable you are clipping and it will not fire unless it is in proper contact with the surface you are clipping to
Obviously while it will clip cables faster than the traditional clip and hammer method it is whether the initial cost can be justified with the ongoing higher cost of the staples and IMO you would need to be clipping a lot of T&E to make it pay for it's self, as with all new tools whether the cost of the staples will come down as demand / production increases remains to be seen

Not one for me as I don't clip enough T&E cable to make it worthwhile

Agreed ,
The price of clips is gonna be crucial to its success as this mounts up on a job . I’d imagine once they’ve sold a few the clips should come down in price . Did it feel nice to use ? I was considering the Milwaukee one as I’ve got loads of batteries but dunno how neat a job it produces . The staples for them came down in price as the supply increased . Cant decide on which one to get / or neither ??

Found those nicebutdim 👍.
I’d like a review where someone has done a couple of houses with it and then gives an opinion ideally . Thought they’d be something on YouTube like that now it’s been available for a few months .

Yeah, that's the same with most reviews from Youtube electricians. Efixx is like a marketing channel that lets us know about new stuff, but never really get close to a proper review. A lot of Youutbe electricians seem to provide basic reviews in exchange for free stuff (or possibly more) and the tools are rarely seen again. To be fair to Bundy, he does seem to provide ongoing reviews over lengthy periods, but this is generally limited to one brand.

Someone with the unassailable ethics of David Savery would make a good tool reviewer, but I don't think it's something he's likely to be interested in.

Reply to Viper clip gun in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock