Discuss Wall chaser and dust extraction in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Did some chasing the other week. Couldn’t face using wall chaser or grinder. Just pin drilled. Joined the dots with masonry attachment on mult-tool and knocked out with SDS chisel. Was a fairly soft block wall though :p

for small chases in plaster i use multitool with oldish blade. hardly any dust. when blade has no more teeth left, a 1mm cutting disc cuts new teeth. rough, but will do for more plaster cuts.

Borrowed from a mate a hilti chaser and dust extractor for one job we did in a basement.
Excellent bit of kit, best Ive used but if £600 is too much then the Hilti is not for you!!!!

We use 2 different sized festool vacs. They have remote starting from either mains or by Bluetooth switch if using battery tools. They get used with a metabo chaser that goes to 40mm or the festool dsc 125 which is a sort of angle grinder on its side that goes to around 27mm. I found somewhere that did reusable bags for a good price. We get about 5 refills before the bag zip fails on us. Cheaper than the festool reusable bags.

Would you be able to post a link to the items you used online? Thanks pal

I was going to say I wouldn't have known what model it was at the time (probably about 5 years ago) but just looked at Hilti website and they only show the one model now (probably upgraded since)
It was a Hilti 'linked' dust extractor (ie started up when tool was started).

I use an MFE30 with dewalt 902 m class extractor. Thinking about upgrading to the mfe40 due to its ability to not need chiselling out after chasing. But for both pieces of equipment you're looking at 850-900 quid.

You can achieve a fair bit,with a 3HP fan,some 18" ducting,and a Stihl saw...
Even better a 2lb lump hammer, and a 4 inch bolster, chasing machine, lightweight! younger generation never had it so good, yes it's old, before you all start on me. Used to get the bus home at night covered in blood from me busted knuckles, all the Girlies looking at me thing there is a Mans Man, still times change and I suppose all you Thomas Naggy lookalikes, can't work without a Van and a Costa close by whinging about the traffic etc. never had it so good, wimps springs to mind, mind you wish I had a chasing machine, oh I did my Apprentice. In saying that, however difficult the bashing and chasing was, I always tried to balance the hard graft with the technicalities of installation work, just like I was taught by my Master, during my Apprenticeship, different today of course, sadly.

Last edited:
Even better a 2lb lump hammer, and a 4 inch bolster, chasing machine, lightweight! younger generation never had it so good, yes it's old, before you all start on me. Used to get the bus home at night covered in blood from me busted knuckles, all the Girlies looking at me thing there is a Mans Man, still times change and I suppose all you Thomas Naggy lookalikes, can't work without a Van and a Costa close by whinging about the traffic etc. never had it so good, wimps springs to mind, mind you wish I had a chasing machine, oh I did my Apprentice. In saying that, however difficult the bashing and chasing was, I always tried to balance the hard graft with the technicalities of installation work, just like I was taught by my Master, during my Apprenticeship, different today of course, sadly.
Bloody he'll mate you sound like you've been having a right scrap with chasing them walls. Hope your knuckles are ok

Do I remember them? vividly their names, faces, the sites I worked on with them, good and valuable times.
[automerge]1568302606[/automerge]
Bloody he'll mate you sound like you've been having a right scrap with chasing them walls. Hope your knuckles are ok, bit of scar tissue to cope with but I've has worse.
Well Mate it was a battle at times

Amusing but very true Pete, I remember before I went into the office doing house bashing and doing all my own holes for fans and cooker hood using a lump hammer and comb chisel. However, the internal blocks were therolite blocks. Did you undertake a risk assessment of which knuckles you could hit?

Reply to Wall chaser and dust extraction in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock