Discuss wall chaser and dust extractor in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

BigSi

-
Reaction score
Thinking about taking the plunge and buying a wall chaser and dust extractor (hammer & bolster getting tired). Was initially looking at a 110v version of the set-up, but when looking closely on the specs, I noticed that most (if not all),of the rated power output (or tool input) for the automatic start/stop socket (on the dust extractor) was less than the rated wattage of the wall chaser?

The only other way is to buy the 230v version.

Eg, 1700w wall chaser 110v/230v

110v dust extractor 500w on socket, 230v dust extractor 2000w on socket?

Am I reading this right?:confused:

I`ve found in the past that the smaller extractors are not much good with chasers due to the fine dust clogging filters very quickly (halfway down a chase !!) I now use only the big three motored vacs like the numatic or nilfisk These will do 2-3 chases catching 90% of all the dust before you have to shake the filter(it sits above the drum), . I bought my numatic on ebay for £110 , and all the parts are available- new they are £450 upwards
NUMATIC NTT1500 Vacuum Dust Cleaner Extractor 110V on eBay (end time 06-Aug-10 23:00:39 BST)

Last edited:
Only downside I can see with one of those chasers is the width it'll cut is only 23mm.

You'd only just fit 2x2.5 t+e in a chase that narrow without capping.

Last edited:
Just the chaser from Toolstop om the web.

Can't fault it really. Cuts to the same depth/widths as the hiltis but cost 4 times less. Bet i' still usingit in 10 years time too.

I am also looking for a chaser at the moment. what experience do you have of the cheeper chasers eg a sparky for 120 from machine mart?

also my vac is a earlex wd1000. just been given by a client today it hence the question. seems ok, just a little noisy. web search says it is from machine mart (hence the cheap chaser from there in my question).

thanks

Don't mind me while I bump some old threads. Just doing the rounds. Ignore the thread if it's not current topic, it'll soon drop off the list, but if the thread interests you, feel free to reply. :)

Reply to wall chaser and dust extractor in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net