Discuss what a way to spend a morning in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
spending this glorious autumn day in my kitchen making jams and jellies
making wild apple jelly today and the kitchen smells heavenly!
my neighbor lad picked the apples for me (hes a great kid who's always helpful) and i take him fishing a lot!

curiously some of the kids in my neighborhood want to learn cooking and canning and are always asking me to teach them!:beatnik2:
believe me for a long time most kids didn't want anything to do with a kitchen, so its kind of a nice surprise.

spending this glorious autumn day in my kitchen making jams and jellies
making wild apple jelly today and the kitchen smells heavenly!
my neighbor lad picked the apples for me (hes a great kid who's always helpful) and i take him fishing a lot!

curiously some of the kids in my neighborhood want to learn cooking and canning and are always asking me to teach them!:beatnik2:
believe me for a long time most kids didn't want anything to do with a kitchen, so its kind of a nice surprise.

Sounds nice, what sort of fishing do you do?

we fish carp here to but its hard to find anyone who knows how to prepare them for eating properly and those who do wont tell anyone how they do it
(like it some carefully guarded secret)
a shame too because its not uncommon to see carp ranging from 1.5 meters to 3 meters in size
in some of the rivers

find a neighbor of german extraction. they should know how to cook carp. it's a popular dish in germany.

we fish carp here to but its hard to find anyone who knows how to prepare them for eating properly and those who do wont tell anyone how they do it
(like it some carefully guarded secret)
a shame too because its not uncommon to see carp ranging from 1.5 meters to 3 meters in size
in some of the rivers

Blasphemer, you can't eat Carp, my beloved Carp they are treate like pets over here even got names

Blasphemer, you can't eat Carp, my beloved Carp they are treate like pets over here even got names

True that. I love my carp and have enjoyed taking my lads fishing for the first time this year.
It really is a cultural thing though. The Polish have decimated a lot of ponds over our way with their bankside BBQs, they don't see anything wrong with it. I think we are one of the few countries that doesn't eat carp though.... I know in Australia they are regarded as vermin and cleared from rivers with electrofishing.

he don't mean roast carp.

hmm.

carp with spam

trout with spam

plaice and spam

cod and spam

salmon and spam

Your not one of those nutcases you see when driving home at 4 am with big smiles and its cold and raining waiting for a lift to go fishing are you. ?

Your not one of those nutcases you see when driving home at 4 am with big smiles and its cold and raining waiting for a lift to go fishing are you. ?

No mate I'm a fair weather angler, if it's raining then for me it's stay home time, I.m keen but not that keen.

But that can be an expensive sport nowadays too, but not as expensive as golf ! To start from scratch would come to quite a few bob
No not really you could probably get a two rod set up for say £100:00 bits and bobs £50:00 and don't waste money on all these expensive designer baits, either make your own or use cheap luncheon meat, Carp are basically pigs with fins, they will eat anything, a lake I used to fish was next to a transport caff sausage fried bread bacon dog ends, you name it they eat it.

But there's the clothes ,tent, hooks , with the hat, fishing licence etc

License £27 quid per year hooks and all that gear is included in the £50 quid bit you only need a tent (it's called a bivvy) if you want to fish overnight, not my bag prefer a warm bed so it's days only, wellington boots and a warm overcoat is all you need, mind if you want to spend 1000s you can go for all the camo gear waste of time in my book

Reply to what a way to spend a morning in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net