Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss what to do next...?? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Ben007

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I am not sure which way to go next. i was in the navy for 7 yrs and left and they paid for my electrical courses when i left which was my city and guilds 16th edition and city and guilds domestic electrical installions. i have been working at an electrical firm now for nearly 3 yrs but am still a bit fuzzy as to my status. i would like to get up to a qualified sparks or even a technician some day but am not sure what sort of course i need to do to get there. could i even just do the last year of nvq level 3. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thankyou

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
B

Bane

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
NVQ Level 3 (Have you done the 2330? That covers you for domestic and commercial/industrial)
Update to 17th Edition
C&G 2392/2391 Testing and Inspecting.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Ben007

i havnt done my nvq level 3. i was looking into doing that but wasnt sure if i had to do the previous years or if i was able to just do level 3 at a college cant seem to find one that does just the level 3.
i was going to leave the update of the 16th till later since i already have that and am quite familar with most of the changes just the cost since we are in the process of moving.
i have done the 2391 and passed my practical but failed my theory and would like to do that. i have a good understading of testing only domestic not 3 phase though.

ian.settle1

-
Mentor
Arms
i havnt done my nvq level 3. i was looking into doing that but wasnt sure if i had to do the previous years or if i was able to just do level 3 at a college cant seem to find one that does just the level 3.
i was going to leave the update of the 16th till later since i already have that and am quite familar with most of the changes just the cost since we are in the process of moving.
i have done the 2391 and passed my practical but failed my theory and would like to do that. i have a good understading of testing only domestic not 3 phase though.
Shakey will confirm it or not but I think you will find that you will have to do level 2 before you can do level 3.

B

Bane

Come on! Someone else's input please!

B

Ben007

thanks guys i do appreciate all input and am grateful for all replies. thanks agian

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to what to do next...?? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom