Discuss Whats occuring in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So I am back after a 5 day break from posting and my question is has it got any better!
I have kept off the forum due to frustration with stupid questions from supposed sparks, before anyone says it, I know we just have to get on with it and not get wound up.
I find this site infuriating at times but equally hard to keep away from due to the regular lads that i talk to on and off the forum ( you know who you are )
One thing I do know is the site is addictive which can be a dangerous thing, it can take over your life, and anyone who says different is lying.
Just look at how often you are all logged on for and think about it.

I don't want to leave the site but I am seriously going to spend less time on here. One thing I have found over the last 5 days is just how much you can get done in your life if you're not on here all the time. And also it easy to think you are important on here when in actual fact you're not as my absence as proved in as much as the forum and posts and threads have still continued. Has UB40 once said I am a 1 in 10 a number on a list.

The thing is Glenn, what's the alternative? Mrs Trev has Hollyoaks, Coronation Street and Eastenders on every episode and if I'm brutally honest I'd rather have every hair on my body plucked out simultaneously while being battered around the head with a scaffolding tube than watch that crap.

If I'm on during the day it means that I've either got nowt to do or I'm taking 5

The thing is Glenn, what's the alternative? Mrs Trev has Hollyoaks, Coronation Street and Eastenders on every episode and if I'm brutally honest I'd rather have every hair on my body plucked out simultaneously while being battered around the head with a scaffolding tube than watch that crap.

If I'm on during the day it means that I've either got nowt to do or I'm taking 5

Who needs television when you have this much drama on the internet.:biggrinjester:

Trev you are one of the members that draw me back ya Bugger, I just think I need to switch off from it now and then.
it can't be healthy surely!
But there are a lot of good lads on here so I will never completely leave but I just need to concentrate on the important things in life.
And to be fair in the grand scheme of things if the forum closed tomorrow, while we would miss it, life would still carry on with out it.

We all need some time away from it sometimes mate, it's no different from real life. There's often a need to step back.
Like you, there's a few on here that keep me here. Some I've met in real life and others I probably never will, there's a lot I'm happy to call friends.

I think your view of this site changes over time Glenn. To begin with it's just a means to get the information you need. You then start wanting to give some knowledge back to repay. If you then stick around (for perhaps a 1000 posts!!) then I think you start feeling a friendship for some of the members so it's only natural that you spend a bit more time on the site.... I think it's perfectly natural in this day and age to spend social time on the net.

Saying that.... If you feel you have achieved more in the last 5 days than usual because you haven't been on the site, then perhaps you are on it too much chap! It would be a shame to see you disappear Glenn as (trying not to sound like a ---)..... you add a lot to the site and I personally like you (but better to spend less time if you're worried!).

As for being important.... **** off yer ******! :smiley2:

Last edited:
So I am back after a 5 day break from posting and my question is has it got any better!
I have kept off the forum due to frustration with stupid questions from supposed sparks, before anyone says it, I know we just have to get on with it and not get wound up.
I find this site infuriating at times but equally hard to keep away from due to the regular lads that i talk to on and off the forum ( you know who you are )
One thing I do know is the site is addictive which can be a dangerous thing, it can take over your life, and anyone who says different is lying.
Just look at how often you are all logged on for and think about it.

I don't want to leave the site but I am seriously going to spend less time on here. One thing I have found over the last 5 days is just how much you can get done in your life if you're not on here all the time. And also it easy to think you are important on here when in actual fact you're not as my absence as proved in as much as the forum and posts and threads have still continued. Has UB40 once said I am a 1 in 10 a number on a list.

I hadn't noticed you'd gone Garry, but welcome back anyway!! :welcome:

what REALLY ess me off is posts that ask--- "how do i put in a fire alarm ive never done one before"

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Whats occuring in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net