Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss 11.1kw induction hob in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Need a second opinion.
Wiring 11.1kw hob with a cable run of 50m usually I'd say 10mm t&e but something in my head tells me I should be upping the cable size

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
D

Deleted member 9648

50m? That's a big place.
Work out a volt drop on your chosen cable and see if it fits.
Work it out on the full load current.

Taylortwocities

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
With respect, you shouldn’t be installing a new circuit (notifiable work, btw) if you aren’t able to do simple cable sizing calculations without resorting to an Internet forum.

T

The Ghost

It is not "something in your head" that informs cable selection but calculation that should be informing you.

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
I think you’ll be cutting close to your max volt drop on 10mm.

A calculation would help, even one of those free online ones like TLCs.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
using diversity, common sense, and a quick mental calculation, 6.0mm would be borderline for VD. 10.omm would be ideal.

next question?

D

Deleted member 9648

using diversity, common sense, and a quick mental calculation, 6.0mm would be borderline for VD. 10.omm would be ideal.

next question?
I would not calculate volt drop on this appliance taking into account diversity, volt drop should be within limits on full load IMO.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I would not calculate volt drop on this appliance taking into account diversity, volt drop should be within limits on full load IMO.
it will on 10.0mm. my quick calc. was for 6.0mm giving a VD of 7.0V.with a Ib of 21A.

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed

next question?
Too quick Tel Too quick

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
at my age i need to be quick. who knows if i'll wake up dead tomorrow.

FatAlan

-
Trainee
That’s a thirsty induction hob? What make model is it? I’m about to put in a 7.6kw and thought that was quite big :)

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to 11.1kw induction hob in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom