Discuss 13amp Hot tub supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That's what I asked the O.P.
thats ok ant ,your are only asking what I'm thinking ,nowt.
13amp Hot tub supply {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I do feel these 'like, dislike, agree etc etc' icons create more negative responses, than they set out to achieve.

I mean, why is there a 'bad spelling' icon. Do I need some ---- on here to tell me, when someone has posted a reply with incorrect spelling & grammar??

I could of said, 'I mean, wheir is their a 'bid spelling' icen. Do I nead some twot on hear to till me, when someone has pisted incurrect spilling & grammer'. :D

Tescos and BM seem to selling a lot of LayZspa hot tubs at the moment.
The Hot tub itself is inflatable, like a large paddling pool.
The pump/heater/bubble maker is a separate unit with quite a long lead which has a 10mA in line RCD.

The pump unit is waterproof, though I have not found an IP rating. The unit has to be next to the tub to connect the pipework and so the controls can be reached.
we have that one. it's exactly as you posted. the biggest drawback is the leccy bill.costs about £20/week.

I do feel these 'like, dislike, agree etc etc' icons create more negative responses, than they set out to achieve.

I mean, why is there a 'bad spelling' icon. Do I need some **** on here to tell me, when someone has posted a reply with incorrect spelling & grammar??

I could of said, 'I mean, wheir is their a 'bid spelling' icen. Do I nead some twot on hear to till me, when someone has pisted incurrect spilling & grammer'. :D
If you are referring to Pete999 I think calling him a twot is a bit strong.:p;)

i'm more concerned about the bird cage on the wall. how do they get in and out?

I mean, why is there a 'bad spelling' icon. Do I need some **** on here to tell me, when someone has posted a reply with incorrect spelling & grammar??

I have always said the same thing. They are a waste of time and just starts slagging off comments. I'd get rid of them if it was up to me, but the powers that be seem not to care but whinge when there is fighting in threads.

Last hot tub (last year) I fitted, I put a separate CU the house next to the main CU which had spare ways but they were on a split load board so I didn’t want any nuisance tripping in the house, I installed a supply to the tub with a rcbo on supply end used 6mm three core SWA at the hot tub end I installed an IP65 lock off isolator switch then the last five metres used 6mm three core flex (can’t remember the VV code for the flex)

Thing with these hot tubs, is you have to use chlorine, continuously heat and circulate the water and clean the filter daily.

You can use Bromine it is a lot more pleasant than chlorine and doesn't rot the tub and equipment.
Seen both chemicals used over the last 15 years and tubs used with chlorine generally have never ending repair bills from regularly replacing valves, seals, heaters and pumps etc.
Tubs used with bromine do seem to last longer before major repairs are needed

Reply to 13amp Hot tub supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock