Discuss 2391 replacment. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pjhill

Hi, I have done the 2391 twice but i failed the written paper both times and passed the practical. I was going to retake it but then got told that it was being scrapped at the end of the year. Which course is the one that is going to be replacing the 2391?

Any help would be good.

Cheers in advanced.

Thanks malcolmsanford. Does anyone have and information on the 2394 and 2395 because looking on the C&G website doesn't give me much information.

Hi mate
basically its the 2391 split in 2

so C&G can earn more money as it will now cost you twice as much as the 2391 did
think the 2394 is more initial verification of new installations
and the 2395 is for Periodic Inspections of existing installations

the 2391 covered both as you will know

just more tinkering and a way of getting more dosh from everyone

good luck mate

C&G have closed the 2391 for new enteries this summer but are allowing people who have been registered to resit the parts that they have failed and are expected to do so into new year

Brucelee is right in what he is saying 2391 has now been split into two - the 2394 is initial verification of new installations and the 2395 is for Periodic Inspections of existing installations

The 2394 format is similar to the 2391 same partical tests, written exam. It also has a multi-choice on-line exam like in the 2392

The 2395 format has a visual inspection from photos as the practical and a written exam. It also has the on-line exam but if you have passed it on the 2394 you don't need to do it again

C&G intend to scrap the 2392 at end of year

I would i be better to wait for the 2394 and 2395 or shell i do the 2391 again?

Get stuck into GN3, learn it inside out and back to front, get the written 2391 test done with, and your qualification in the bag.
This will be a lot less expensive and time consuming than starting all over again with 2394/5.
If i were you, i would book the resit, than lock myself away somewhere quiet, and only come out again when i could recite GN3 back to front.

Cheers...........Howard

Reply to 2391 replacment. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net