Discuss A Jedi master at his work... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Old Skool. Don’t get many of them nowadays. Bet he still bends Steel conduit using a wooden block. Very refreshing to see. Beats watching the YouTube purple circle gang.

apart from blowing into it;
Why didn't he apply heat to the cable end say 6 inches back to force the damp out? may have saved all that faffing stripping the MICC back a couple of inches, could have salvaged the old Pot instead of cutting it off, Just saying.

I like the way Delroys videos show a true reality of a what domestic sparks does in a day,
working in the rain , working in a garage full to the brim with junk and fuse board a right old mess...

Young CJR just posted a video where he had to clear out a cupboard before starting work. Does amaze me how people have junk stacked up in front of DBS or areas where you need to work and make no attempt to clear. Still if they want pay for your time!

Why didn't he apply heat to the cable end say 6 inches back to force the damp out? may have saved all that faffing stripping the MICC back a couple of inches, could have salvaged the old Pot instead of cutting it off, Just saying.
Also, might want to clip those cables to the brickwork, as well.

I don't want to be over critical but why not change that switch to a 1 gang as there's only one outgoing switched cable and the top 20mm hole was left without a gland or even a blind grommet.

Delroy was only contracted to repair the pyro cable and get power back in to the garage

the home owner was rewiring the garage (or so he said)

hence Delroy left the switch and anything beyond the switch to the homeowner

Delroy was only contracted to repair the pyro cable and get power back in to the garage

So the Force wasn't with Delroy that day then?
[automerge]1581969383[/automerge]

Would never leave an install in that state, against my professional instincts.

But to be fair he powered up the light in there so it would only have taken 2 minutes and a 30-40 pence 20mm nylon gland in that top knockout. [Grey of course to match the box :grinning: ].

But to be fair he powered up the light in there so it would only have taken 2 minutes and a 30-40 pence 20mm nylon gland in that top knockout. [Grey of course to match the box :grinning: ].
he did say if he had one in the back of the van he would give it to the home owner...

In Del Roy’s defence he’s on camera offering the customer free parts and free advice on what should be done to part of the installation he’s not being paid to fix......I think he’ll be ok ?

Reply to A Jedi master at his work... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net