Discuss A viable route? ..... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am considering attending able skills to obtain my 2365 - 02 on a part time basis until August/ September 2015.

Afterwards I plan to enrol at a local college (Suffolk New or Colchester Institute) to obtain my 2365 - 03 as well as obtaining my 17th edition.

I will be applying for electrical jobs whilst attending both courses. At the moment i am in a full time job which pays the bills.

I currently hold and CSCS card, IOSH and working at heights, i am also going on a first aid at work course in the future (all going to plan)

does anyone else think this is a viable option to gain employment and become a competent electrician in the future?

Has anyone else taken this route?

will i be waisting my money doing a fast track course for my level 2?

any advice welcome

I know there are hundreds of these sort of posts on here and will appreciate your input.

Sam

I think you should consider taking the 17th, before attempting to obtain work.
You may be lucky and find someone willing to take you on without the 17th?
Also you may find that obtaining the ECS card more beneficial than the CSCS card?

These are suggestions, nothing more.

I think you should consider taking the 17th, before attempting to obtain work.
You may be lucky and find someone willing to take you on without the 17th?
Also you may find that obtaining the ECS card more beneficial than the CSCS card?

These are suggestions, nothing more.

I was planning on taking my 17th over 3 days at a local college whilst obtaining my 2365-02.

Firstly if you're doing your 2365 to the 17th edition you shouldn't need a separate qualification.
Have you spoken to your local college about whether you can do it this way? I appreciate on paper they're the same qualification but the college will be picking up where the training centre left off, and they may have certain enrolment criteria - at my local college priority was given to students who had done the level 2 the year before, so there were only as many places to start at level 3 as students had 'dropped out' after completing level 2, which was only a couple of places a year.

Agree with Adam, I find it strange that many trainees come on here saying they are intending to take the 17th course when they are taking the 2365, surely it is to the 17th, I mean it isn't to the 16th is it? very strange training set up these days.

Thanks for the replies chaps and clearing up the confusion re 17th ......

I was worried that I would not be let onto a level 3 college course I will have to ring and ask tomorrow.

I dont want to waste 9 months to start my level 2, I would like to complete it by september and enroll on a level 3 for 2 years whilst working for a company.

lots to think about ....

Reply to A viable route? ..... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net