Discuss Anyone recommend a good rachet conduit threader in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ratchet threader? Never heard of such a thing…

But there are powered ones if you don’t want to take the strain on your arms.

Is the conduit in situ, and you don’t have room for a full turn of the die stocks?

Ridgid or Rothenberger are good. I've got both and the 20 year old Ridgid I picked up at a flea market for the price of a brandy and coke works just as well as the I bought brand new for my fabrication shop. How well they work actually comes down to the dies you're using in them. If you buy good quality dies and they're sharp then any brand of ratchet should work well including the cheapy Chinese ones.

4A508_AS04.jpg

Not used a ratchet on conduit but done loads of pipe work with one.
Makes it easier but top tip use a bit of cutting compound.
Gives a better finish and makes it easy to do the cuts.

Ridgid or Rothenberger are good. I've got both and the 20 year old Ridgid I picked up at a flea market for the price of a brandy and coke works just as well as the I bought brand new for my fabrication shop. How well they work actually comes down to the dies you're using in them. If you buy good quality dies and they're sharp then any brand of ratchet should work well including the cheapy Chinese ones.

View attachment 101662

I hadn't realised you could get conduit dies for those, do you have any links for M20x1.5 and M25x1. 5 dies?

Not used a ratchet on conduit but done loads of pipe work with one.
Makes it easier but top tip use a bit of cutting compound.
Gives a better finish and makes it easy to do the cuts.
You'll knacker everything up, quick time, if you don't.

I hadn't realised you could get conduit dies for those, do you have any links for M20x1.5 and M25x1. 5 dies?

https://www.angliapipetools.co.uk/p...enberger-supercut-had-ratchet-pipe-threading/
These guys are selling the Rothenberger head and die assembly, they should be able to supply just the dies.

For vRidgid manual ratchet threader dies google for Ridgid 12R ISO dies
Ridgid M20x1.5 ISO

RIDGID M25x1.5 ISO

Maybe if you only occasionally thread conduit it would be more cost effective to buy a complete kit like this one;

It's Draper which is a recognised brand name.....although they may well have sold out to the Chinese for all I know. It covers all sizes from M16 to M32 and I seriously doubt you're gonna want to use a manual ratchet threader on M40 size and upwards, unless of course you have an apprentice with you. Last but not least at less than a hundred of your UK quids it could actually be considered rude not to buy one. If you do try it I'd strongly suggest order a large tub of lube whilst you're at it, it'll make cutting threads a lot easier and if they're shafting you by it being complete junk a bit of lube is always nice 😝

By the way if anyone buys one please report back and let us know what you think of it.

It's Draper which is a recognised brand name.....although they may well have sold out to the Chinese for all I know.

Draper have always been an importer/reseller of tools, they don't make anything themselves - so a good proportion of their stuff is Chinese anyway.

Still using my old Presto set for the little I do. Ridgid is normally decent but rarely cheap.

Reply to Anyone recommend a good rachet conduit threader in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net