Discuss Applying a water repellent coating to your panels ??? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

To be honest an annual inspection can not harm if done right and I would recommend it! A lot of customer ask about it and yes they are self cleaning but I have read loads about it on American websites, it all depends on location. Pollution creates a film on the panels, let alone a large dollop of birds crap. At the end of the day customers want to ensure maximum performance, hence a little clean of the panels check on inverter down load and analysis of outputs can't be bad.

We only did a few sharp installs before i saw the light as they say , and the only 3 that i have seen problems with so far have been all sharp to be honest so i really do hope it is the exception !?

Yes agree we saw the light with Sharps about 6 months ago and only fitted some recently as that's all we could get. Haven't fitted any at 15 degree but I will certainly post if we have any issues with the in the future.

Not sure about walking on the boards on the pv panels, 3/4 blokes and the 'CHERRY' picker not going to be cheap! The scheletter system looks better !

Reply to Applying a water repellent coating to your panels ??? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net