Discuss August 2391-10 taken today in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

im sure the Q 1/200+1/18+1/2.5+1/180+1/145=1/RT
I also got 2.11MOHMS
it also ask for any commets to be recorded in observations & recommendations.
so I put futher investergation of low readings of cicuits reading 18 & 2.5Mohms code 3, but circuits do comply

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, exam over analysed to death now not sure if I have passed, I must stop now:
Other answers:

Three conditions before MEWIC to be issued:
Do not impair safety of existing; designed constructed and tested to BS7671, complies with BS7671
(signature line on MEWIC)(only got one of these)

Prepare for IR testing:
Loads removed, sensitive devices disconnected or linked out, no shorts between conductors
(last one not precise enough, perhaps; should be L or N to E)

Insulation resistance other question resistance: as length, CSA, temperature rise:
IR Down ohm Up
IR None ohm Down
IR None ohm up

Insulation resistance calculation was just nasty getting so close to the limit
Observations: circuit with 2.5Mohm near the limit requiring investigation, may indicate circuit deterioration.

Section B
Certificates required for new installation and periodic test:
EIC with SofTR and SofI and PIR with SofTR and SofI

TNS diagram description was OK I think may have forgotten to say it was the secondary winding of the supply transformer.

RCBO test
Idn 30mA 300ms on positive and negative cycles, 5Idn 150mA 40ms on positive and negative cycles, 0.5Idn 15mA no trip on positive and negative cycles
(added +ve and –ve at the last minute)
Do Ze to ensure presence of effective earth
(I think)

Tests of lighting circuit:
Continuity, Insulation resistance, polarity, Ze,
Low resistance ohmmeter, insulation resistance tester(ohmmeter in chapter 4), low resistance ohmmeter, Earth fault loop impedance tester
(messed up the number of marks and tried to add stuff to make it up to 8 marks for each not 8 marks overall probably only got 4)
Reasons for order:
Ensure all CPC/ earth in place, ensure no short circuits/leakage, ensure no wrong connections
(really not sure about that one, can’t remember what I answered)
No instrument: Functional test at end

Sorry for the rambling on.
Hope everyone did well.
Roll on 10th October, please!

Last edited:
Tests of lighting circuit:
Continuity, Insulation resistance, polarity, Ze,
Low resistance ohmmeter, insulation resistance tester(ohmmeter in chapter 4), low resistance ohmmeter, Earth fault loop impedance tester
(messed up the number of marks and tried to add stuff to make it up to 8 marks for each not 8 marks overall probably only got 4)
Reasons for order:
Ensure all CPC/ earth in place, ensure no short circuits/leakage, ensure no wrong connections
(really not sure about that one, can’t remember what I answered)
No instrument: Functional test at end

Sorry for the rambling on.
Hope everyone did well.
Roll on 10th October, please!

Hi richard on the testing of the lighting circuit hope you ment Zs and not Ze.lol as all the other existing circuits that were not under test would be live with no earth. Opppps

Last edited:
I thought it was a very easy paper with comparison to others. Learned a good tip for remembering things to look for during periodic inspection SADCOW=SAFETY, AGE, DETERIORATION, CORROSION, OVERLOAD, WEAR AND TEAR. It might be useful in the future

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha Ha ha Haa YES: you have achieved the Pass standard in 2391-10!
What was i worrying about; it was dead easy, no stress, no strain, no sweat exerted.

Thank goodness for that!
and relax.
Just got to wait for the certificate now.

Reply to August 2391-10 taken today in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net