Discuss Aurora Power-One - zero Riso. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shooby

-
Reaction score
Hi all.

Long story short - my Aurora P-One developed the common E031 fault. I carried out the repair myself (ex electronics teacher), replacing the 4 relays. On refitting, it returned a Riso - 0Mohm fault. Assuming I'd messed up somewhere, I bought an exchange unit from a reputable source, and installed that today - this gave a Riso of 20Mohm, and it burst into life as it should.

An hour later, my garage (where the panels and inverter are fitted) RCD tripped, and on resetting, I was dismayed to find the inverter giving a Riso of zero again, as on the old inverter. It returns the same zero Riso regardless of which of the two panel strings are connected on its own on startup.

What the heck?!

I understand that Riso issues are usually caused by damp getting into the PV connectors, but could this really explain the jump from 20M to zero in hot dry weather? And on both strings?

Any ideas, please? Thanks.

Last edited:

Reply to Aurora Power-One - zero Riso. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a small Pv farm 5KW. Some months ago inverter started to measure low Riso<1MΩhm (0.8). I tried to test each string alone and with one the...
Replies
Views
S
I have a nominal 4Kw system comprised of 16 REY solar panels arranged on my roof with 11 facing south east and 5 facing south west. it is now...
Replies
Views
R
My installation has 2 strings. Sometimes the Riso test fails on one string - showing a Riso of less than 1 Mohm. Therefore it fails the start...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock