Discuss Barn roof? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

powervan

Advise lads please! i had given up PV after march deadline but client has asked me to look at a barn they have bought ! now havnt seen it yet but whats the tarrif on non domestic ? is it changing in june? do u need planning? just so im up go date as not done non domestic before ! i will let u no what type of barn when i see it :) its prob to big for me but as i tell the wife (dont no till u look:)

If the barn shares a supply with a building with heating (like a farmhouse) this will need an EPC minimum of band D.
The good news is the planning rules have changed, so if you meet certain criteria you will not need planning, however you will need a structural survey, and asbestos checking/drilling, this depends on the roof covering.
Also, again it depends on the size of the system, you may need G59 approval.
Commercial can be quite complex, why not contract the job out, and then subcontract yourself to them for the install.
I am sure many will do this for you, and let them deal with all the hassles.
I hope this helps.

If they have only just bought the barn and it was possible to do an EPC, then it may have an EPC on it already. It would have to have had one as part of the sales process. That said compliance for EPCs on commercial buildings is not that good and if the building is not heated or cooled it may be exempt. But it would be worth them checking with their solicitor to see if one was asked for.

Reply to Barn roof? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I try to keep out of Domestic work but I have a problem at home. Currently I have a wylex fuse board with re-wire fuses. they are great because...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Looking for a little advise as I’m not sure what’s happening So I’m looking at moving a two way light switch probably about 100cm away from its...
Replies
Views
Hi guys & gals, I gave in and bought the new Megger MFT-X1. Got my hands on it Friday night, had a little play with it, used it at work on Monday...
Replies
Views
Hi, Currently working my way through my NVQ portfolio (Nearing Completion) but getting stuck on how to complete the following criteria due to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock