Discuss BUSDUCT STATIC TESTING in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Commissioning a busduct. My contractor has installed a 2000amp aluminum Busduct in a 17 floor office tower.
The specifications state you should undertake field quality tests on site, which are more stringent than the manufacturers' static tests, for the following:

1, Perform resistance measurements through bolted connections and bus joints with a low resistance ohmmeter–

2, Perform insulation resistance tests of each busway phase to phase and phase to ground
3, Perform a Dielectric withstand voltage test on each busway, phase to ground, with phases not under test grounded for one minute
4. Measure the resistance of assembled busway sections on the insulated busway and compare values with adjacent phases

NOTE: These tests also follow the NETA testing standards.

QUESTIONS REFERENCING THE TEST NUMBERS:

1 - should the tests for this be undertaken on the cable joints from tap off box cable lug and copper bus connection? And a test through each of the sandwhich joints as assembled to check the resistance through the joint? both should record differences in resistance to compare other joints, signifying torque or alignment issues?

4 - Should this test be undertaken on the whole of the busduct lengths - or branch sections?

Any help would be good for this.

Reply to BUSDUCT STATIC TESTING in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Commissioning a busduct. My contractor has installed a 2000amp aluminum Busduct in a 17 floor office tower. The specifications state you...
Replies
Views
I want to check the insulation of the 3-phase 400VAC asynchronous squirrel cage motor. Motor's stator windings are connected in delta. I've read...
Replies
Views
Hopefully someone wiser than me can help explain some odd measurements I’ve taken at my own home. This is a long read, I’ve tried to give as much...
Replies
Views
I hear many views of people who believe that DPF's and CDPF's fitted to their vehicles are a problem and many people resort to removing them, or...
Replies
Views
Now I haven't done a lot of this and it's been 9 years since I last did it. We have a big bus bar section to test with numerous joints. Now the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock