Discuss Can a 220 circuit power a 110 outlet? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

My76strat

DIY
Reaction score
Is it ok to run a 110 line off a 220 circuit? Specifically, I want to add a 110 outlet near my hot water heater and it would be convenient if I could use one of the hot wires along with the neutral and ground to create the circuit I should also mention that the 110 line will almost always be in use. Thank you

can't see a problem aas long as the cable/s will safely carry the load current and are correctly protected by a fuse or MCB. what is the rating of the heater and what cable size?

Is it ok to run a 110 line off a 220 circuit? Specifically, I want to add a 110 outlet near my hot water heater and it would be convenient if I could use one of the hot wires along with the neutral and ground to create the circuit I should also mention that the 110 line will almost always be in use. Thank you
There’s one problem, the water heater doesn’t have a neutral

There’s one problem, the water heater doesn’t have a neutral
Thank you Megawatt. I realized this fact yesterday as I was taking steps to install the outlet. Of course, I've scrapped the notion and decided to run a dedicated circuit for my 110 needs at that location. I probably should mention that I'd moved my hot water heater outside and was hoping to install the 110 outlet without having to run approximately 60 feet of 12/2 wire.

Thank you Megawatt. I realized this fact yesterday as I was taking steps to install the outlet. Of course, I've scrapped the notion and decided to run a dedicated circuit for my 110 needs at that location. I probably should mention that I'd moved my hot water heater outside and was hoping to install the 110 outlet without having to run approximately 60 feet of 12/2 wire.
My friend sometimes electrical work is not easy. Good luck

Reply to Can a 220 circuit power a 110 outlet? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net