Discuss Can you please add a listing to our new website; FreeRatedTraders.com in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello lads and ladies,

I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com.

Can you please add a listing to our new website; FreeRatedTraders.com free-rated-traders-1.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

Mobile View for it.

Can you please add a listing to our new website; FreeRatedTraders.com free-rated-traders-square.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

It's a directory but it will come with some awesome features and it's well optimised. I'm aiming for a check-a-builder and mytrader type website, but free for both the customers and the tradesepeople.

I need some listings adding so that I can make sure systems and processes are working.

There are some dummy listings on there, but there are also some real listings on there too.

Can any of you be so kind as to register over there and then I'll optimise your listings for you and make sure they're ranking for your area.

I haven't installed the County's in Scotland, Wales or NI yet. So I will get round to those. Let me know in the comments to this thread if you're from one of those "devolved counties" (governments words not mine) lol and I'll PM you when I've added your county.

If you have any problems trying to add your listing then let me know. I've just fixed (i think) a ReCaptcha problem. But not 100% certain so need to get testing.

Let's call the site in BETA mode for now. And when we've got some listings on there and some blogs on the blog and it's ranking well, I'll we'll have a more official launch of it, and activate some of the other features. It has booking systems on there and a job posting system that hooks up to it too. But I didn't want to take too much on too quickly.

Been looking for one of these for years.

@Lou and I will start to copy over ALL FORUMS Listing systems to the new site once members have done theirs. Then we'll start to roll back the directories on the forums so that they can be redirected to the new listings and closed off eventually on here. As it's not helping the forum threads rankings with us having lots of areas with no listings added etc.

Anyway, please go to www.FreeRatedTraders.com and sign up and add a listing for me.

Report back here in this thread with any problems please.

Just registered GS tech elec. Great think youre doing was thinking of doing, giving trades and customers a bit of a break from stupid fees. Was thinking of doing similar a while back. If you need any help give me a shout <email address removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just registered GS tech elec. Great think youre doing was thinking of doing, giving trades and customers a bit of a break from stupid fees. Was thinking of doing similar a while back. If you need any help give me a shout <email address removed>
Thanks. Looks like it's gone fine.

Hi Dan, great idea. You've found the one thing missing a fee free directory. I am based in one of those 'devolved' countries. Wales. I'm in pontypool. County is called Torfaen. Let me know once the region is there and will add my listing. Cheers, jeb @ Watt works electrical

Good idea. Maybe simplify it a little.... it’s bit weird setting up a profile and then having to set up listings as well, with most other similar services you just setup a profile the once but this seems to give fifteen listings, then you have to start paying, don’t really understand this over complication.
edit: so within ten minutes of publishing my listing I’ve received two emails saying “listing received“, three emails saying “listing published” and one saying “listing about to expire”! And to top the lot if I manually search for electricians in my area nothing comes up, zero listing.
Keep up the excellent effort, but definitely a bit of ironing out to do.

Last edited:
Been having a play with the listing. Don’t seem to be able to add a you tube link
I put it in the box but does not appear on preview or when I press continue. When I go back to edit the site the you tube box remains empty. Apperciate it is a new site so everything may not be fully operational yet.

i tried and failed when it got to the add listing page. it just stopped.

Reply to Can you please add a listing to our new website; FreeRatedTraders.com in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock