Discuss Cooker Problem in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DanBrown

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just a bit of advice guys please..
I have a cooker (electric), that when on level 6, seems like its on level 2 or something..
Does this problem look like the thermostat or the element itself?
any advice would be appreciated..

J

johnnyb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would say thats the T/Stat mate, when an element goes it nine times out of ten trip a breaker or something,
In some ovens there is a dual element have you checked that, could be 1 out of the 2 has gone/

B

boatnik1

Dan, You don't say if it's a hot plate or oven that's faulty. If a plate, is it glass top?, if so you should see the element switching on and off. If a solid plate then you can check it at the connections for continuity, small plates are usually single element and large plates are sometimes dual element. Ovens can have as many as 4 or even 5 separate elements . A clamp meter can also be useful for checking load comparisons on similar plates.

D

DanBrown

Thanks for all replies guys..
It is just the oven, as the top part is gas hobs..:)

1. Is their a test i could do to confirm if the element is down?, resistance check or anything?
also
2. if its the thermostat, where and how do i check this?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
B

boatnik1

The stat is usually part of the switch [temp. regulo] and rotating the dial opens or closes the gap on a bi-metal strip, with a sensor in the oven somewhere to read the temp and transmit it's findings to the stat. Try linking out the stat and see if the elements heat up. If they do, then the stats stuffed.[replacement] Resistance on elements is pretty much a dead short. If the readings OC then the elements gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Cooker Problem in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom