Discuss Custom lighting :-/ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

CTID

Went to a house rewire today as lighting all in rubber twin, no earth and new owner wants to change all the light fittings. Walked into the kitchen to find this custom design! Quite impressed, thinking of adopting the idea for future installations ;)

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20130410082506892.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 118
Yeah once we had started removing face plates we found a whole heap of other issues. The decision for the rewire was made as no earth I am lighting circuits which I know can be ok off class 2 fittings are used however new owner wanted metal light fittings.

Yeah once we had started removing face plates we found a whole heap of other issues. The decision for the rewire was made as no earth I am lighting circuits which I know can be ok off class 2 fittings are used however new owner wanted metal light fittings.

You've got a pretty decent client then. Most look at you like you've just killed the family pet dog when speaking of a re-wire.

they'll still probably get bill and ben from the pub to do it for half the price, no certs. after OP has spent 4 hours preparing a quote.

Brilliant client to be fair, house was an empty shell, had us do first fix straight away, no additional outlets/switches and had a plasterer lined up for the next day to make good the chases. He had an idea the wiring may be a mess from the photo I put on plus other bodges around the house.

if thats the kitchen.. whats the state of the rest of the house ??

i hope that picture was taken when the refurb was going on ? or is that the actual state of their kitchen !

The units had been ripped out of the kitchen and the old wallpaper stripped but the ceiling was like that when purchased from the previous owner. The floating socket in the corner was also apparently floating when purchased, not fixed to anything at all, and apparently nothing had been close to it that it could of been attached too :-\ Most of the wiring was old rubber twin or aluminium t+e but there were odd bits of new colour which were bodged just as bad. The only good part of the job was most the old cable was behind metal capping with room to pull the new cable in as the old was pulled out.

Reply to Custom lighting :-/ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net